Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Loc Scottish Tour

DaveEllen

Quick report on the Scottish tour.

As mentioned in the original post we had some refusals at the final fence which brought the numbers down form the original 10 cars to 4.

Unfortunately that was reduced further on the day of the trip when Gordon H had to cancel due to a sudden family illness.

That left Aido, Steve Walter and Olga, Steve Wong (AKA SteveAudioX) and Myself & Kami left to invade bonny Scotland.

We met up at South Mimms at 7.30 ish where Steve Wong hopped in the Prolex mobile (he’s now lexless) and we trundled up the M1 to meet Aido @ junction 28/29.

We then headed of ooop north stopping for lunch at a nice pub near wetherby where Aido pulled his first culinary shock…turning down a carvery for a cheese baguette !

The trip up the M1/A1 across the A66 was uneventful and traffic free.

We ended up on the shores of Loch Lomond at 6 pm where Charlie & Jessica had a quick swim….

Spirited drive round the Loch saw us arrive at Crieff for 7.30 ish where we booked in (No bills waiting for me thankfully…..)

Nice evening meal (Aido having a fruit cocktail starter……) few beers bottles of wine and off to beddie byes….

Saturday we popped into Crieff for 30 seconds………..then took the scenic route to Edinburgh over the Forth bridge. Parked up in Edinburgh for a wee look aboot then took ourselves off to lexus Edinburgh.

Ian greeted us and showed us around the impressive premises and showrooms.

I’ll be writing a more detailed report on this part of the trip separately…suffice to say it was worth the trip alone

After spending 3 hours there we headed off back to Crieff on the M9 where we were joined by Ian in the RX hybrid for part of his trip home…..well wicked bit of driving I must say…….never saw a RX go so well !!

Another nice meal at the hotel and a hearty breakfast (didn’t eat again until 8pm !) and we headed off darn sarf……….

Decided to go through the lake district as Steve Wong & Aido wanted to kidnap a sheep (not sure if it was to eat :whistling: )…..more lovely scenery.

Pics to follow………..

All in all an excellent weekend…………thanks for everyone for coming !

France next year ???

sounds like a good weekend was had by all

hope steve wasnt too cramped , with his new friends :ohmy:

is aido on a diet :unsure: or was it to leave more room for the beer :lol:

was really cheesed off that i couldnt make this weekend, as i have never been up to scotty land, oh well perhaps one day !!

glad it all went well, was thinking about the trip over the weekend whilst i was stuck indoors!

bring on france mr e, those details sounded excellent to me!

at least they were after a sheep and not an aberdeen angus :o

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for organising this and also thanks to Ian at Lexus Edinburgh for the generous hospitality - that GS430 is awesome - I want onenow!

It was good to see you all and also to meet Steve and Olga for the first time, I enjoyed the trip!

Still haven't uploaded the pics yet so I'll get back to you on that one!

Nothing mate - they kept running off before we could catch them !!!

Steve kept shouting Dolly and I think it scared them all off!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk