Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Kerbed Alloys

cleaning the car yesterday and discovered the wife has kerbed the <2 months old brand new set of alloys

:tsktsk: :ban-em: :iraqi-info-minister: :megaangry: :devil:

i think i may damage some rims as well............................................!!!!

i have no idea what i mean by that :shifty:

cleaning the car yesterday and discovered the wife has kerbed the <2 months old brand new set of alloys

:tsktsk:  :ban-em:  :iraqi-info-minister:  :megaangry:  :devil:

i think i may damage some rims as well............................................!!!!

i have no idea what i mean by that :shifty:

i think I know what you mean you want to damage her rim with your :tsktsk: because she :tsktsk: your wheels, issue the punishment :winky:

The place that Mr Morse suggested (Lap-Tab) is a company that i've used in the past (Mercedes alloys) and again recently for refurbishing the alloys on my GS. They've done a great job and they offer a range of finishes.

They sometimes have a 20% discount voucher in the Midlands Autotrader.

Cheers,

Sandeep

I have just spent a day on our nasty corroded and kerbed alloys, using a refurb kit from Halfords (reduced £20). All it really came down to was cleaning, sanding, masking and spraying (they give you 4 tins of paint in the kit - matt silver). There was not enough paint, but the result was a big improvement. I shall just sand them off and spray them periodically, blow the refurbs, as it's so easy to kerb them anyway. Sleeves rolled up...get stuck in!

I'm not sure that they are that easy to kerb, after all they don't stick out that far especially if you have the OEM Bridgestone or Dunlop tyres with rim protectors.

The IS alloys have a diamond cut finish on the edge of the rim and on the spokes so will lose that if you decide to spray them. I recall someone mentioning genuine Lexus IS refurb wheels (with diamond cut, but a layer of laquer to protect against corrosion) from Lexus dealers at about £70 a piece.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links