Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Fitted My Exhaust

Well, as some of you know I have recently purchased a Blue Flame full exhaust system to my IS200. I got round to fitting it today, now that my University exams are over until next year.

It took a total of around 3 hours to do by myself (and the occasional spare pair of hands from my mate). The hardest part was actually getting the old exhaust off! All the bolts had rusted to an extent, but a bit of brute force and they came off without too much complaining. While this bit was easy and done in about 30 minutes, I then spent about 2 hours trying to get 4 rubbers off to free the damn thing! They were extremely tight and took a lot of poking at (no jokes please) with a screwdriver to get free and finally released the old system. Boy, its suprising how much rust can collect in 6 years (my car being a 99 T).

After that, the new system went on a breeze, in about half an hour. I also used some great 'gasket in a tube' paste to seal the two sections together and then seal to the remains of the exhaust. This was great stuff and was very cheap, its basically just silicone paste that can withstand high temperatures.

Heres some pics: (sorry about the poor quality, I only had my camera phone to hand).

1.jpg

Just an idea of what it looked like.

2.jpg

Ditto

3.jpg

Comparison of the two

4.jpg

Old vs new

5.jpg

The new shiny centre silencer

6.jpg

The finished product :D

7.jpg

Ditto

Overall, i'm well chuffed with it. The build quality was great! It gives a nice sporty deep burble from 1-about 3k rpm, but still remains unobtrusive. At higher rpm's it goes a little quieter, but still makes a nice noise. Its music to my ears through tunnels! Its just right for me, easy to keep it quiet but makes a nice sound when I hit the fun pedal a bit harder, without being too loud at all. Looks very similar to the oem exit too (if you have the chrome tip).

Overall, im well impressed. Price, looks, practicality, build quality and noise are all perfect. I'll attempt to get an mp3 of it on here some time tomorrow.

Highly recommended! :)

It is tricky to gauge, but I think it may pick up slightly better. It could just be psychological though, zorsts won't really make a whole lot of difference on a NA car. The good thing is that im positive I haven't lost any power.

Looks the part that mate :) whole system looks nice quality and sits in the bumper cut out just about right from those pics.

How much was the system?? sure there is a guy on fleabay that sells a lot of Blueflame systems, 'nigel blueflame' or something.

Yep, that was the guy. Came out as £195.

Bargain really for a complete system of that quality :)

Had a listen to the mp3, sounds a little raspier than the original, can't really hear the bass content through these poxy little speakers tho

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links