Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unbelievable

Thanks for the pics "bazza" please remember all that read this, both front tyres had only done 1500 miles from new, the owner "assured" by Lexus there was "no" problem with the car, drove it "unsure" about the handling, but accepted there "professional" verdict, 1500 miles later on the motorway an unusual sound appeared, (wire on road) once home he turned the steering on full lock and found "that". The "outcome" of this thread could have been unavailble simply because Mr X was "Dead"

nothing against mr x but how could these tyres have been left to end up like this,i check my tyres regular so how comes there in such a bad state.

Would you check "brand" new tyres in 1500 miles.....be honest

i check em every week tony for cuts nails side walls,thats just me though,not avin a dig at anyone ,its terrible i agree .

nothing against mr x but how could these tyres have been left to end up like this,i check my tyres regular so how comes there in such a bad state.

i check em every week tony for cuts nails side walls,thats just me though,not avin a dig at anyone ,its terrible i agree .

Good that you do.. but in must cases people dont.... he is a 30k a year driver and rested on the "trust" from Lexus that all was well. This was a Killer as you can see, how can "we" console the owner? And how can he ever "trust" Lexus again. I dont know!....."Lexus" ? i think you need to get your thumb out of your arse and explain this one!

Good that you do.. but in must cases people dont.... he is a 30k a year driver and rested on the "trust" from Lexus that all was well. This was a Killer as you can see, how can "we" console the owner? And how can he ever "trust" Lexus again. I dont know!....."Lexus" ? i think you need to get your thumb out of your arse and explain this one!

but thats it tony they wont ,ive said before trading standards love this kind of thing ,hope he gets them big time.

but thats it tony they wont ,ive said before trading standards love this kind of thing ,hope he gets them big time.

I'm not so sure in this case, i feel the dealer and the customer have a real "conflict" in favour of the customer, the tyres are so bad, i cannot see that any dealer will want this to be on "display" for very long.

whats caused this then? as my lexus feels a bit funny when steering like i need to pull the steering wheel back to the centre after turning.

However that tyre is shocking the worst i have ever seen, also if he got stopped by the police he could have lost his job that was 6 points straight away.

whats caused this then? as my lexus feels a bit funny when steering like i need to pull the steering wheel back to the centre after turning.

However that tyre is shocking the worst i have ever seen, also if he got stopped by the police he could have lost his job that was 6 points straight away.

Read the thread @ the head of the post, this will explain the "how". with respect to the "job" and so on you are right... end of job!.

One of two reasons. With the IS the camber will drop negative, in doing so the castor will lower, the lower castor has a force that rotates the wheel back to centre if the castor is low then the need to correct is left to you.

I just did the calculations. If Mr X is a 30K miles a year man, then that's 2½K miles a month and his tyres went from brand new to 'lethal' in about 2 weeks :ohmy:

The measure of any company is how they respond when things go wrong, so the dealer and Lexus GB should have gotten off their collective butts and done something. Can't blame him for losing faith in Lexus.

Thanks for the pics "bazza" please remember all that read this, both front tyres had only done 1500 miles from new, the owner "assured" by Lexus there was "no" problem with the car, drove it "unsure" about the handling, but accepted there "professional" verdict, 1500 miles later on the motorway an unusual sound appeared, (wire on road) once home he turned the steering on full lock and found "that". The "outcome" of this thread could have been unavailble simply because Mr X was "Dead"

exactly the same as my mates v6 4motion tyres after 1500 miles, as you know mr bones. vw did actually make it better but its still not right.

exactly the same as my mates v6 4motion tyres after 1500 miles, as you know mr bones. vw did actually make it better but its still not right.

Yes i do, what was the outcome, things here went quiet :excl:

vw had it for 10 days, it came back with a broken window clip, so the elec window didnt work and a bulb out on one of the rear clusters. geom probs much better but still pulling to the left and still uneven tyre wear but not within 1500 miles, more like 10000 miles. so an improvement but still not as it should be. he's living with it at the mo!

vw had it for 10 days, it came back with a broken window clip, so the elec window didnt work and a bulb out on one of the rear clusters. geom probs much better but still pulling to the left and still uneven tyre wear but not within 1500 miles, more like 10000 miles. so an improvement but still not as it should be. he's living with it at the mo!

Like i have said before geom problems are "globle" Still its bad people have to "live" with it just because the dealer doesn't understand the problem.

I'm sure if you sat outside the dealers door on a nice busy sunny Saturday with those worn tyres handing out leaflets explaining the situation, that could make people there squirm.

Problem is they have offered to fix the problem, and trading standards state that if you have a problem with some goods, you must first give the supplying dealer/retailer the opportunity to rectify them, which in this case is no good as you doesn't trust them

I'm sure if you sat outside the dealers door on a nice busy sunny Saturday with those worn tyres handing out leaflets explaining the situation, that could make people there squirm.

Problem is they have offered to fix the problem, and trading standards state that if you have a problem with some goods, you must first give the supplying dealer/retailer the opportunity to rectify them, which in this case is no good as you doesn't trust them

I think most people here would aggree with you "but" sitting outside of Comet with a broken remote control making a statment cannot have the same power of emotion as the "killer" tyres, if my tv brakes down i have to talk to the wife :crybaby: if the tyres blow out she has to talk to the congregation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links