Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Light On Dashboard Went On/trc Off Flashing

kamaki

Yesterday while driving at 6th gear doing about 70miles/h, the engine light on the dashboard went on. At the same time the TRC OFF light started flashing. (The TRC was on-never switched it off). I went to the side of the road waited for 20 minutes and restarted the engine. The engine light was off and I was to drive for another hour at varying speeds until the engine light came on and TRC OFF started flashing. Now it stays on all the time. The only symptom is when I drive at high constant RPM (above 4000) there is every now and then a momentarily loss of power

Any ideas what can this be?

The car is fitted with S/C and HKS Hipermuffler and has 80,000km on the odo. Clutch disc must be slightly worn but still bearable as the "car's throtle is abused" very rarely.

Thanks vm

Yesterday while driving at 6th gear doing about 70miles/h, the engine light on the dashboard went on. At the same time the TRC OFF light started flashing. (The TRC was on-never switched it off). I went to the side of the road waited for 20 minutes and restarted the engine. The engine light was off and I was to drive for another hour at varying speeds until the engine light came on and TRC OFF started flashing. Now it stays on all the time. The only symptom is when I drive at high constant RPM (above 4000) there is every now and then a momentarily loss of power

Any ideas what can this be?

The car is fitted with S/C and HKS Hipermuffler and has 80,000km on the odo. Clutch disc must be slightly worn but still bearable as the "car's throtle  is abused" very rarely.

Thanks vm

Try re-setting the ECU, as this has worked for me in the past :D

You need to find out the error code. Any garage should be able to help you - they only need an OBD-II scanner. Once you have the code we may be able to help you futher.

I concur :geek: Any garage worth there salt should have a scanner, get the error code and we can help, Let me know and i can consult a contact in a Lexus Dealership

Trust me I'm a Mechanic :D

Kamaki,

This is a common fault.

The CEL (check engine light) comes on ...... and then so will the TRC OFF ........ if you have it, the VSC will also light up.

I have had this on mine recently, as I fitted a new K&N Tyhpoon induction kit, basically the MAF sensor was getting covered in oil ......... not reading the correct air flow coming in, then causing the fuel mixture to be incorrect ...............

What was the last thing (mod) you installed onto the car ?

You need to find out the error code. Any garage should be able to help you - they only need an OBD-II scanner. Once you have the code we may be able to help you futher.

do you still have pre-cats fitted?

What was the last thing (mod) you installed onto the car ?

One thing at a time:

- I should know the error code within today and will post it

-Precats have not been removed

-The last mod was actually the S/C and the muffler back in 2002. I never had any problems till this moment.

-Can dodgy petrol cause this problem?

Many thanks again

Got the error code: P0150

(has to do with MAP- Manifold Absolute Pressure)

Mtime workshop reset the ECU and CEL TRC OFF lights are now off

Will "punish" the car's throttle tonite and see if I get the same problem again

Any ideas how can this be sorted out?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links