Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Need An Induction Kit...help...

jimlee

After seeing a test on www.mkiv.com, I had my heart set on the APEXi Power Intake and bought it. No cleaning, superb filtration, and gives you some nice underbonnet "roar" :). Also where to buy it from? You've got PM :).

After seeing a test on www.mkiv.com, I had my heart set on the APEXi Power Intake and bought it. No cleaning, superb filtration, and gives you some nice underbonnet "roar" :). Also where to buy it from? You've got PM :).

Thanks you mate, I will check it out.

can you pm me details on that one as well plz :whistling:

• 2 months later...

I'm a little skeptical of the mkiv review... The Apexi seems too good to be true - the best of both worlds? Max filtration and flow? Anyways, assuming it is that good, I don't really like the way it's connected - there's still that concertinaed bit I don't like:

intakecompare.jpg

The HKS, on the left, looks to connect to the throttle body in a better fashion... Are there any intakes that have the best of all three worlds?

agreed............. with Jason

I would preferred a complete hardpipe as opposed to using the flexi hose, unless the flexi hose was used to allow some movement and flexibilty in installation?

Jim..there's an NZ altezza forum that you should look at too pm Jason for info guess ;)

• 3 months later...

BUMP! I'm in the hunt for an intake now... Anyone got any new thoughts to add to this? Without some good numbers to back it up it's all speculation really - is the factory intake restrictive enough to warrant a change when the engine is still unmodified? Will a pod on its own cancel any volumetric gains by sucking hot air?

• 2 weeks later...

I too am seriously looking for an APEXi power intake.....But where to get it....

I have been on PRO-LEX and TDi's sites and they both seem to have what i looking for .....but their prices differ...and a couple of pics of the intake installed on an Altezza RS200 wouldn't go astray either...especially for mail order...

Anyone here advise me on where to purchase , how well it fits and value for money

Thanks

Loud you say......mmmm boy racer loud?.....not what i'm looking for....i want a bit of a purposeful growl without alerting every cop in the area that i'm on the way.......

Would a new mufflerbox be a better if more expensive choice? and a better replaement filter ?

thanks

Loud you say......mmmm boy racer loud?.....not what i'm looking for....i want a bit of a purposeful growl without alerting every cop in the area that i'm on the way.......

Would a new mufflerbox be a better if more expensive choice? and a better replaement filter ?

thanks

Depends how you drive it mate, if u hammer it then its loud, otherwise its not bad.

Exhaust wise go for a HKS Silent Hi-power, i have it on mine and its not loud, just bassy at low RPMs, really its an awesome refined sound not in your face at all

Fensport do a high performance replacement filter...64 pounds + vat.....pricey as i can get a normal one for 12.50 pounds + vat.....SO the question is.....ARE THEY WORTH IT or just paying for the badge?.....

anyone?

Not worth it imo.

Only advantage is you won't have to change it as often during your regular service intervals.

I'd only do induction kit with cat back exhaust, you won't notice much with either, but both it will make overall driving experience more exciting

• 1 month later...
I too am seriously looking for an APEXi power intake.....But where to get it....

I have been on PRO-LEX and TDi's sites and they both seem to have what i looking for .....but their prices differ...and a couple of pics of the intake installed on an Altezza RS200 wouldn't go astray either...especially for mail order...

Anyone here advise me on where to purchase , how well it fits and value for money

Thanks

Noel. Mark here

I was in Coulture Auto in Dunboyne Co.Meath the weekend and they have a APEXI power intake on the shelf for a 175 Euro. You,ll find there add in Modified Motors.

Here,s the No. anyway 01 8253949

I got the HKS on mine, wash the filter out in petrol every now and again and stick it back on :D

Isn't the HKS an oil based filter.....?.....does it not leave deposits ? ie MAF sensor...

When you wash it in petrol do you apply some kind of special oil before you put it back ?

What of sound are you getting from it......growl or scream....or boyracer "everyone look at me"!

seen one on a yank site that has a double head sponge thingy....sorry for getting all technical

Anyone can tell me how much usually Apexi worth in UK as I am thinking to buy a new Apexi for my car from HK with the cold air box.

See what we can solve out, as I will order within the next two weeks and they all will be post by speed post to UK so take about 3 days.

How much are you paying for the Hong kong kit ?

TDI website........Apexi power intake £ 115.00 + VAT, Aluminium Air box £ 123.00 + VAT

Is this the cheapest? I am looking for Apexi induction kit too, if anyone knows a cheaper place drop me pm please :D :driving:

Isn't the HKS an oil based filter.....?.....does it not leave deposits ? ie MAF sensor...

Yup the HKS filter is sponge that comes pre-oiled and I did not have a problem with oil on the MAF.

When you wash it in petrol do you apply some kind of special oil before you put it back ?

I don't bother re-oiling it as I don't think the weather is dry enough here to worry about airbourne abrasive dust. The foam alone should be enough to filter out most harmful particles on the air. I have a 1957 Matchless motorbike that has no air filter at all and never has had, last time that was stripped down there was no sign of any worrying wear. Strictly speaking it should be oiled though.

What of sound are you getting from it......growl or scream....or boyracer "everyone look at me"!

What I would describe as a growl low down and a roar at high revs.

seen one on a yank site that has a double head sponge thingy....sorry for getting all technical

Filter looks like the one posted by jasestu in post #6 of this thread

How much are you paying for the Hong kong kit ?

TDI website........Apexi power intake £ 115.00 + VAT, Aluminium Air box £ 123.00 + VAT

Will get back to you? And possibly can do a group buy which I believe it could be better price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links