Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Soooo Many Acidents/car Damage Lately...

I'm sure its crossed everyone's minds lately that there are quite a few LOC ppl reporting crashes/damage to their cars lately :crying:

Hope its not a bad luck year or anything...

Anyone believe in horoscopes? Bad luck year? Month... :crybaby:

:blink:

Ravstar hit'n'run

eddiea1 front-and-rear-ended

Marcus's crash

Wosket's smash

Hope there are no more - touch wood... :ph34r:

Hope there are no more - touch wood...

Touch whatever you like it won't help :D All you can do is drive carefully, watch what every other nutter is doing and trust G.od.

Now hmm I must start that drive carefully bit. Nice dry roads, driving music, ... :driving: ...oops there I go again... :blush:

Funnily enough, i was discussiing this with some of our B.I.B a couple of years back and apparently rear shunts, especially round MK cos of the roundabouts, go through the roof in summer--particularly in v.hot weather..............and its always blokes gawping :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm sorry to all the guys who've been involved in a smash recently, and fortunately no one has suffered serious injury.

Despite what anyone else may say, driving is the most dangerous thing we do on a day-to-day basis. And an accident is always the result of carelessness or negligence by one or more parties.

I worked for a company that took it's driving policy very seriously - anyone wanting to drive a company vehicle had to attend a 3 day course and a practical test. A score of less than 28 out of 35 meant you didn't drive a company vehicle. In addition, each vehicle was fitted with a monitor that recorded all sorts of data, speed, accelleration, decelleration, distance etc etc. This was downloaded each month and any drivers exceeding the minimum standard had to retake the test. After 3 sucessive bad data downloads the driver banned from driving for up to 6 months.

A pretty draconian policy, but I'll tell you it reduced accidents in a BIG way. I still practise many of the elements of this policy today in my private car.

Sounds impressive.

It annoyed me this morning seeing the driver of an arctic lorry trying to make a tight turn across four lanes of traffic while on a mobile. Perhaps his company should have done something similar.

It has not rained down here at the sharp end for quite a while now. As a result the roads look greasy and stained with oil.

Mix that with a bit of water expected later and watch the shunts start to occur.

Keep your distance.

Or - an incident that occured to me a few years back :

There I was proceeding along the M4 towards Heathrow on the inside filter lane with what I considered a safe gap between me and the Transit in front. Mr Mondeo saw the gap and raced into it, only for the Transit in front to brake sharply and Mr Mondeo had no chance.

I had to swiftly dive onto the hard shoulder to avoid going into the back of Mr Mondeo as he shunted the Transit.

That made my day - 6/6 for style and presentation :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links