Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Central Locking

hi all im a newbie,owned my is200 for a month,today went to unlock it and it woulndt unlock. unlocked it manually with the key and the alarm started going off, tried disarming it with locking button on drivers door but couldnt. quite embarrasing really. eventually got it to shut up but now none of my keys will lock or unlock the car ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GRATEFUL :blush: :zee:

I had this problem outside my cousins garage, there was no signal off the remotes, as if there was a central locking blackspot there :duh:

No faults since then

Try changing the remote batteries, have you done any mods, could be a blown fuse :geek:

Trust me I'm a mechanic :D

Hi and welcome

I had this once, its definately worth checking the Battery in the key (does light blink failry bright on key when button pressed), on mine it turned out the car had lost the codes on the keys.

(Codes harded wired to key I think i.e. key does not need reprogramming after Battery change)

To correct it there is a procedure that involves opening and shutting doors pressing locking button on door 5 time etc etc. Its posted on the forum somewhere.

After a few failed attempts mine was sorted and has not been a problem since, saving me a trip to the garage (and more embarring alarm set offs)

Hope you sort it

if you have changed the batteries and they still do not work i know the receiver units for the remotes can go faulty. it is fitted between the rear speakers under the trim and cost around £200 fitted from lexus!!

if you have changed the batteries and they still do not work i know the receiver units for the remotes can go faulty. it is fitted between the rear speakers under the trim and cost around £200 fitted from lexus!!

Well that's news to me, I thought that was the high level brake light!

Aren't the sensors build into the dome light behind the sunroof???

Anyway, wherever they are I doubt it's them - have you tried your workshop key - the one without the boot unlock button on it to see if that works?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links