Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth & Sony Ericsson

anyone had problems with sony ericsson phones not connecting via bluetooth to the car?

just want to check befoe i buy a new phone for the car

thanks

I have used 2 different Sony ericsson phones (Z600 and K700i) on my mk2 RX without problems.

I only picked my car up yesterday and the salesman at Lexus B'ham actually told me that Sony/Ericsson phoned worked better than any other.

In theory they should, they were the first to start using the technology and pioneer their handsets around this to.

Gandalf,

it's the K700i that doesn't work :angry: the other phone is a V3 Motorola & it works fine.

wouldn't care the K700i is only about 3 months old, the car is only 1 week old - easier to change the phone me thinks!

All honesty, Bluetooth is just as usless as it is useful. Trouble being, its not 100% compatible. Car kits firm ware and phones firm ware can often conflict resulting in the problmes you peeps are experiencing.

Cant be a good old fashioned wire or hard fitted car kit in my opinion.

Bluetooth is brilliant. With my mobile in my pocket I'm still fully connected. Very easy and smooth (though I use a Nokia). However, everyone has told me Ericsson is better for Bluetooth. Only struggle for me is transferring my phone book en masse (will delegate manual input to my kids for a couple of bucks so will manage !)

:driving:

• 1 year later...
anyone had problems with sony ericsson phones not connecting via bluetooth to the car?

thanks

I have used 2 different Sony ericsson phones (Z600 and K700i) on my mk2 RX without problems.

The P990i sometimes bonds but will then drop out the next time the car is started.

thanks

Can someone tell me what a K700I is!

Tried everything with my P990i and no good. Local garage confirms that P990i is not compatible. Spoken to Sony about this who reccomend downloading their latest software to the phone. Still on the case

thanks

Can someone tell me what a K700I is!

Tried everything with my P990i and no good. Local garage confirms that P990i is not compatible. Spoken to Sony about this who reccomend downloading their latest software to the phone. Still on the case

My K700 Sony Ericsson works perfectly on my 400h now that I changed the phone's profile to "in car"

This shows up briefly when I switch it on.

But I can't figure out how to transfer my phone book :(

Billy

K700i...

I had loads of problems with my K700i disconnecting randomly but it is not the car! I sent the phone back 3 times and the 4th phone finally worked fine. I think the Bluetooth software wasn't bug free... Upside was that I got 3 free 512k memorysticks!

Transfer the phonebook:

On the car - Phone>Settings>Transfer Phonebook and follow instructions. The phone will then disconnect from the car.

On the phone (most sony-ericssons): Phonebook>Options>Advanced>Send all Contacts - then select the car when it asks who you want to send it to (normnally this is called HANDSFREE)

Now the bad part - in the Sony Ericsson you can store more than one number per name which is logical. The Lex can't understand this so it only stores the last number for each name which is normally fax or other, so not alot of use. The only way I have found around it (since for some reason Lexus decided it wasn't useful to be able to enter phone number from the screen :tsktsk: ) is to use an old SIM card and a PC to edit the phone list.

Let me know if you want me to explain how!

Cheers.

K700i...

I had loads of problems with my K700i disconnecting randomly but it is not the car! I sent the phone back 3 times and the 4th phone finally worked fine. I think the bluetooth software wasn't bug free... Upside was that I got 3 free 512k memorysticks!

Transfer the phonebook:

On the car - Phone>Settings>Transfer Phonebook and follow instructions. The phone will then disconnect from the car.

On the phone (most sony-ericssons): Phonebook>Options>Advanced>Send all Contacts - then select the car when it asks who you want to send it to (normnally this is called HANDSFREE)

Now the bad part - in the Sony Ericsson you can store more than one number per name which is logical. The Lex can't understand this so it only stores the last number for each name which is normally fax or other, so not alot of use. The only way I have found around it (since for some reason Lexus decided it wasn't useful to be able to enter phone number from the screen :tsktsk: ) is to use an old SIM card and a PC to edit the phone list.

Let me know if you want me to explain how!

Cheers.

Thanks I will have a go and see how I get on.

Billy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links