Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I still the only SC430 owner here?

MJB

Hi everyone,

With the exception of Steven5058 (who seems not to have returned since telling us he was going to get an SC430 back in March...) I seem to be the only SC430 owner here.

Can this really be true?

Come on guys - don't be shy. If you have an SC430 let's have a chat about it!

Meanwhile, I've attached a not-very-good picture of mine (it's an imported Soarer version from Japan).

All the best,

Martin

Here is mine Martin mine is also an imp from Japan.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the difference between a UK and import SC?

On my jap import Supra it wasn't much:

Lower spec interior

16" wheels

Limited to 112

different light bulbs :duh:

softer shocks

different interior and exterior colours

no motorised front spoiler

Paul

Whats the difference between a UK and import SC?

On my jap import Supra it wasn't much:

Lower spec interior

16" wheels

Limited to 112

different light bulbs :duh:

softer shocks

different interior and exterior colours

no motorised front spoiler

Paul

My Import Sc had a mini disc on the Mark Levinson instaed of a tape player, engine strut brace, and fully adjustable suspension, it sits lower than a UK spec as the jap roads must b better. I aslo have the Tv and a neat computer to pre pay the toll roads in Japan should I venture out that way. The UK Sc has intergrated headlamp washers and rear fog lights...

Koz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest inicol63
Helo all i got a 2001 sept lexus sc 430 best car i ever owned

lexed for ever :D

Hi louise nice to see you have joined LOC.

If you ever need advice then place advert here and someone should be able to help.

You have the same colour as myself on your SC

welcome to you

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Want to register this posting as another very happy SC430 owner. Just bought a 1 year old silver one with cream upholstery, and am very pleased. Got Croydon Lexus to fit front and rear parking assist..how do you guys manage without it? My only gripe really is that the aerial goes up and down irrespective of using the CD / tape / radio..dont know why its got an old fashioned aerial anyway. And I would have liked a socket to connect an Ipod..but this is all minor..main thing its a brilliant car..handling / performance / gadets all great !! had a Z4 before and much happier with the Lexus no comparison. If anyone reading this considering buying one and wants to see one in the Essex area contact me through this bulletin board Paul

:D

Sounds like you might have an "AF" option selected on the radio - to keep the stations tuned as you move out of range of one transmitter and into the next.

Just clear it down by pressing AF button and you'll find the other ICE items then operate with the aerial down.

:rolleyes:

Welcome paul lexus owner

I think we are quite rare on here...

The Sat nav also uses the radio for traffic avoidance and can indicate traffic jams, closed roads or accidents etc. Only 133 pages in the Sat nav book :duh:

Have you used the voice commands yet? It took me 2 months to realise I had them... :lol:

Cheers

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up my Platinum Ice with Black leather SC today. Managed to drive out the handover room with the top down but had to put it up 10 minutes later! I am so praying for sunshine at the moment!

Here she is:

IMG_9596-vi.jpg

Picked up my Platinum Ice with Black leather SC today. Managed to drive out the handover room with the top down but had to put it up 10 minutes later! I am so praying for sunshine at the moment!

Here she is:

IMG_9596-vi.jpg

Thats a beauty saracen, ive been toying with the idea of selling mine for a change.. but that does look really good !

Thats a beauty saracen, ive been toying with the idea of selling mine for a change.. but that does look really good !

Thanks for the great compliment. Been on the lookout for one for ages! This has less than 15k on the clock despite being four years old. The dealer suggested it had been kept in a garage and only used a couple of times a year. I think this has helped to keep it looking in such good nick. Plus the fact it had just been valeted :winky:

What would you change your SC for?

Thanks for the great compliment. Been on the lookout for one for ages! This has less than 15k on the clock despite being four years old. The dealer suggested it had been kept in a garage and only used a couple of times a year. I think this has helped to keep it looking in such good nick. Plus the fact it had just been valeted :winky:

What would you change your SC for?

sounds like you got a bargain there, hehehe sounds like my one coming upto 4 years spent more time in the garage, never seen rain and still less then 12K on the clock :winky:

I'm Here.. bought my SC back in December with 11K on the clock... up to 18K now.. Love it.. will never part with it... at least for a few years and maybe more. ;)

Still have the same wheels that no-one from this site seems to like on them ( they look a whole better than they did in the corner of my garage for the past 4 years! ) The 295 45/18s do look really solid when you're driving behind it..

... need to buy some others, i guess. watch this space.. will get some this year...

I'm Here.. bought my SC back in December with 11K on the clock... up to 18K now.. Love it.. will never part with it... at least for a few years and maybe more. ;)

Still have the same wheels that no-one from this site seems to like on them... need to buy some others, i guess.

Wow... need to work on the size of my pic,, huh.

Looks very nice but have to admit I am not a big fan of those wheels, sorry...

It is early days yet but I am loving the car.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry that you are feeling unwanted. I also live in Yorkshire (Nr Richmond) and have owned my SC430 for 6 months.

Would be very happy to meet-up somewhere for a natter.

Phillip

Was that aimed at me ??

Hi Peter

Yes, despite seeing several SC 430s in the Richmond area I have not yet been able to find one with a driver. I am always happy to chat cars so would welcome the opportunity with yourself if we could agree a date/location.

Let me know your views.

Phillip

Hi Peter

Yes, despite seeing several SC 430s in the Richmond area I have not yet been able to find one with a driver. I am always happy to chat cars so would welcome the opportunity with yourself if we could agree a date/location.

Let me know your views.

Phillip

Hello Phillip

Good idea. My car is going in to get some body work issues sorted soon. Previous owner just didnt look after it and I want to keep it looking good. I live in Malton

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links