Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flash Car Cleaner

Ellz

I woudn't bother with it - the only benefit it has is that it doesn't leave water spots behind.

Follow the guide in the "car care" section and you'll get a perfect finish without using gimmicks like this.

very true, u'll feel more satisfied if you get your back into it too!

I woudn't bother with it - the only benefit it has is that it doesn't leave water spots behind.

Follow the guide in the "car care" section and you'll get a perfect finish without using gimmicks like this.

one of my relatives thinks the flash wash thing is great but to me washing and waxing the car is a labour of love and you get far more satisfaction from doing it the long way

I got one a few weeks back and for me it doesn't do the biz as well as I expected.

It is definately better than rinsing down with normal tap water and water spotting is definately reduced.

However, there are still some spots left behind and I am finding that in the end I have to use a damp chamois anyway to get the finish I require.

I also find that washing the car with hot/warm water gets more muck off than sponging with the cold soapy water that comes out of the Flash unit.

I suppose the Flash unit is OK for Winter when you want to get the job done fairly quickly and a top notch finish is not really required but for the Summer when you can put some work into it I prefer the tried and trusted method.

Followed by a good dose of Meguiars :)

I find it brilliant for what I call a 'maintenance' wash. Realistically I can't always spend a couple of hours on cleaning the car every week (and I do wash it every week!), so this is great for a fairly quick wash. I think it will come in to its own over winter months too.

As long as you replace the cartridge as needed (which depends on how often you wash your car and how hard the water is in your area), then you get a good finish. I never get dodgy water marks on my car - I just make sure I go over the car a couple of times with the last step.

Reckon it's worth the cash if you don't always have a lot of time to spend on cleaning the car.

Due to an error at the Post Office my Which? magazine only arrived yesterday.

And guess what...............

They have done a feature/test on this Flash Car Wash system.

The 12 volunteers that used it have all stated that it is 'gimicky' and it didn't produce the results they were expecting.

They stated that the filter does reduce, but not eliminate water spots completely.

In 2 instances it broke, something to do with a water seal. Most of them also stated that the soap didn't remove dirt properly and they were concerned about the ongoing cost of soap and filters.

I think as I stated above, it's a Winter quickie job only :(

It doesnt leave spots on mine, but I agree it does not clean as well and wipers smear when its raining. I dont think 80p a wash is expensive though (cost of replacment filters and shampoo).

It is certainly the thing to use on a black car when you simply dont have time for the works and no doubt will be good in the winter as Kremmen says.

I've not had any problems with mine at all, no spots or anything. Perfect finish. Main thing for me is that the time I would normally spend drying the car, can now be used to polish the car, which is a much better use of the time :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links