Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Adjusting Tein Coilovers

Williboy

Hi, I have tein super street dampers fitted. I had them lowered by my local fitting centre when i had them fitted. They adjusted as low for it to be legal. I was wondering how easy they are to adjust lower by yourself. I've tried taking the wheel off and using the C-spanners but were difficult to turn! Also, I noticed the grooves on the dampers had loadsa dirt and grease all over the place.

Should I be cleaning the whole damper first or just try turning the spanners? :huh:

changing the height should be very easy, but dont forget to measure a reference point so you can get them all the same if thats what you want.

the 2 spanners are needed as one of the nuts adjusts the spring and the other one locks the other nut in place.

usually you'll have to seperate the 2 nuts which is the hard part, you might have to tap one of the spanners with a hammer, it should be easier to move the lower nut as that doesnt have the full force of the spring resting on it, after that just adjust the top nut and then tighten up the lower nut when your happy with the height.

Try not to hit the spanners too hard as they are prone to breaking !!

I used to use both spanners at once, one of the top nut and one on the bottom one and push or pull them both at the same time in opposite directions

^--0--^ Like that :lol:

didn't Marcus have trouble adjusting his?

I adjusted my HKS ones the other day and I had to spray some oil on the threads, easy to adjust after that

EDIT: Just searched and he had the Tein NA ones not SS

mines easy. jack the car up, put my hands under the archs on the front and spin them. I only nip the locking nut by hand, there is no point using c-spanner to tighten it to the point where it ceases.

On the back do the same except get my head under the rear bumper and raise or lower it.

Remember of course my springs are not compressed when the car is jacked up.... i like it loooooooooooow :D

Glad this thread was put up as I will be adjusting mine soon. But a little birdie told me that TIEN's don't drop the car as low as some other brands. Is this true?

Oh and does anyone know where I can get a set of the C spanners to do this?

Glad this thread was put up as I will be adjusting mine soon. But a little birdie told me that TIEN's don't drop the car as low as some other brands. Is this true?

Oh and does anyone know where I can get a set of the C spanners to do this?

demon tweeks do c spanners

or any good accessory shop should :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links