Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Car Vacuum - Non Mains Powered

As mentioned in my previous thread, I cannot park close enough to my home to easily plug a hoover in regulary.

I am thinking about buying a mini car vacuum cleaner which would either be rechargable or cigarette lighter powered so that I can clean the interior more often and maintain it easier.

I have had this type of product before in the past and to be honest they were so rubbish and low powered that they ended up in the bin.

I am hoping that technology has got a bit better now and that there are more powerful, longer lasting products available.

I am after one that comes with tools like crevis tool etc.

I was looking at the dirt devil pet control which also has a rotating brush.

Anyone have and use a good model of car vacuum that they can recommend?

Would appreciate prices and or links if possible.

Thanks in advance.

As far as i know they are all pretty useless,why not get one of them power swap gizmos and use a normal hoover.

I take it you are referring to a power invertor to allow you to use 240v via cig lighter etc.

That is a good idea, they are quite cheap now.

That is one possible solution, but I would still need to lug our heavy hoover up tons on stairs. Worth baring in mind though - thanks

I use a Black and Decker one in the house to clean up the cat litter that my two moggies shake off their paws...works great for that.

I tried it in the car when new but was disappointed with it as not enough sucking power...if you do get one get as high a voltage as you can. Mine is also just about useless as now lasts only about 30 seconds off charge before being flat ! Also found it not ideal to get into all the wee bits where the stones gather in the car... much much better with the Dyson !

Not better just going to garage and using theirs ?

I would forget the hand held vacs, none of them are powerful enough to pick up more than the lightest soiling.

One option would be to buy a 12v inverter, but they are expensive - a 1,000W inverter goes for around £200

Yeah, going by past experience I knew they would be a waste of time, just hoped things had got better.

To get a long and good enough petrol station vacuum costs at least £1 -£2 round my way. (plus all the rushing to get it all done in time).

I think I am going to go down the route of having a smaller mains powered hoover which I may in the future be able to plug in at work. (they should be installing a portacabin and electric soon)- Long story, will bore you with it another time.

Thanks for the advise.

Simon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links