Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k Service Quote

baby_lexus

I've just asked my local dealer for a service quote for my 2001 IS200 Sport. The car has actually only done 46k miles, but the 60k service is due.

They have quoted £595 for the service which includes a spark plug change.

The cost seems a little high to me :excl: Also this is before my LOC discount. But with that I think it still will be £500 ish.

So, the question is. Even though the car has only done 46k miles do I have to have the plugs changed ?

And is £595 a tad expensive compaired to other dealers ? :huh:

Thanks.

Seeing that it's out of warrenty I am considering getting an independant to do it. I rang an AA approved centre.... they quoted £185 + £60 for the spark plugs.

Now that is a massive difference. If I supply the oil and plugs also, I guess they won't object.

But do they do the same stuff that lexus do for a 60k service. Its that much cause of all the stuff they replace/check. You also need to consider the reduction in resale value.

How many miles do you do a year?

It may be worth calling a few dealers and asking about a service package (2-3 sevices pre-paid)

I got a good deal from reading.

How does this work then Razzle?

Example, mine is new 12/2003, had the 1yr/10K in 12/2004 (@5,500 miles), will be due for 2yr/20K in 12/2005 (probably @ around 14,000 miles)  :question:

its every 10000 miles or 12 months witchever is soonest

after 4 years it will be due a 40000 mile service even if its done only 20000

^^

yes mike your calcluations are right, 10'000miles or year service whichever comes first..

first year covered 30'000miles so 3 services, the next three years covered 15k, but 3 services.

Example, mine is new 12/2003, had the 1yr/10K in 12/2004 (@5,500 miles), will be due for 2yr/20K in 12/2005 (probably @ around 14,000 miles)  :question:

Yeah I follow that Bazz, but I don't see where Raz' figures come from?

Yeah I follow that Bazz, but I don't see where Raz' figures come from?

i think what razzle is saying is :

in the first year it did 30000 miles so had 3 services

in the next three years it did less than 10000 miles but each service was marked as a 10000 mile interval meaning he would now be on a 60000 mile service now

with only 40000+ miles on it

That's right. The car was owned by a director so had covered 30k within the first year. I've had it for almost 2.5 years now, but only do around 4-5k a year. However it's the 12 month rule that kicks in. It has all stamps up to 60k now. So the next service due is 60k.

I will look at other dealers.... but what about getting it done in France ? Has anyone done this yet ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links