Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I believe the originals are Dunlop SP270.

There's another thread somewhere where someone was looking for ultra-quiet tyres because the rest of the car is so quiet.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the originals are Dunlop SP270.

There's another thread somewhere where someone was looking for ultra-quiet tyres because the rest of the car is so quiet.

Yes, stick with Dunlops. The car was built to use them. You've got the quietest car known to mankind. Tune in the CD player and glide!

I guess it depends on your rims, mine are 18 inch and are Bridgestone Turanza from new.

A small but salient point. I have found both the LS400 and the LS430 to wear out the centre of the tyres, a classic over pressure indicator.

As a result I run at about 6Lbs under at around 27 instead of the recommended 33, and the tyre wear is even, and the noise is reduced. On mixed driving, mainly into London I am getting 20.9 mpg, so it can't be all bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been lucky with tyres, a succession of punctures in the same wheel (no common cause). I do know that because the car is so quiet if you get a puncture, you'll never know it until the tyre walls are completely knackered. When I first tried to jack the car the end sheared off the puny jack. It's not an easy car for an owner wheel change! There's no such thing as a puncture repair on this car unless you notice it from the outside. I've replaced with SP270 until last time when I changed to SP2020, I believe a later version. I didn't want to compromise noise levels so stuck to the recommendation. They are about £150 though and it may be bad luck, but they haven't lasted to wear out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links