Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This Right - Lexus Dealer Comment?

deejaygee

Hi

My IS is now roughly 18 months old, and a bit of work is due for example: new front pads, front shocks (under warrenty) and full alloy wheel replacement (under warrenty) - here comes my question.

I need 2 new back tyres, I am going for the RE040's as on the car already (had the front done about 3 months ago) I asked Lexus Bromley that due to them changing over the wheels next week how much would they charge to fit the new tyres (now please bare in mind that it is not actually going to take them any longer as they have to remove old tyres anyway - I offered to pay for the change as well.)

Their answer - Can't do it unless you buy the tyres from us!!!

I think that sucks - what do you think??

Doesnt surprise me, i think the reason for this might be because they (Lexus) dont actually do tyre work themselves, they get an independant contracter to do the tyre work, well croydon did and bromley has the same dealer principle... :tsktsk:...still it is silly that they wont do it...seeing as though your getting suspension work done anyway, give WIM a visit, get you geo done and get tony to put the tyres on too :)

Doesnt surprise me, i think the reason for this might be because they (Lexus) dont actually do tyre work themselves, they get an independant contracter to do the tyre work, well croydon did and bromley has the same dealer principle... :tsktsk:...still it is silly that they wont do it...seeing as though your getting suspension work done anyway, give WIM a visit, get you geo done and get tony to put the tyres on too :)

I'm not sure about all dealers, but Lexus Croydon (part of Jemca group same as Bromley), no longer contract out tyre/wheel work - they do it in-house. They used to use RSR in Brighton road.

I've just had my front alloys replaced, and hence can confirm this.

:winky:

deejaygee just take your back wheels to an independant tyre/alloy wheel place and they'll swap the tyres over for you for about a tenner each (balanced, valves etc.)

D.

I'm not sure about all dealers, but Lexus Croydon (part of Jemca group same as Bromley), no longer contract out tyre/wheel work - they do it in-house. They used to use RSR in Brighton road.

deejaygee just take your back wheels to an independant tyre/alloy wheel place and they'll swap the tyres over for you for about a tenner each (balanced, valves etc.)

D.

ahhhh it was a while ago i went there, either way wont ever be going back :D :P

Looks like i'll get them done elsewhere - to be honest I don't mind paying just thought it would have been easier.

On a side note - I bought the car from Bromley, but I changed over to Croydon a while back and they sort me out all the time very helpful indeed. I think Lexus GB should retract the bromley dealership!

D.

a tenner :o

if u bung mehcanic/tyre fitter a fiver, thats for 4 full wheels, alignment and new valves.

Dont forget your basing this on being up North where pie and chips is a lot cheaper! :lol:

D.

a tenner :o

if u bung mehcanic/tyre fitter a fiver, thats for 4 full wheels, alignment and new valves.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links