Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help

DEANOROW

Hi Everybody, i am looking to purchase the porter polisher from autopia and was just after some advice from the people who have used it.

When i order the polisher which package would be the best to get as there are a few on the site ?

Should i order any extra pads at the same time or will the package do ?

Cheers for the help

Deano

John, I cut the plug off the unit and fitted it with one of those big yellow three pronged plug things, dunno what it's called, and I also bought one of those big yellow brick 240 -> 110 volt convertors - works a treat :D

Thanks for that Mr Morse, the paint has got some quite bad swirl marks, think the previous owner cleaned it with a brilo pad. The paint looked fine at the garage were i got it from, but when the sun decides to shine it looks a mess. Im really picky about the finish on my cars.

been thinking about it for a while bit the bullet and ordered one got lots of swirl marks after some g3ing to get rid of overspray after some repair work. look forward to receiving now and hope the weather stays dry

Why not go to a bodyshop supply centre and order from them, they use these products all the time and are a lot cheaper than these, plus you can pick them up same day and also get new pads etc quickly and easily and they run off 240v.

Effectivly its an angle grinder with a polish mop.

I think they start at £60 and pads from £5+ plus you can also get all the 3M products that pro bodyshops use.

I know the porter one comes recomended but in the end it looks no different to me than the ones they use at my friends bodyshop.

Mate PC to a angle grinder.... Very different!

Makita do some polishers... not sure if there dual action or other...

PC is best value for money. 3m is good, Sonus and PC is another level imo

i know its not exactly an angle grinder but in action it is, obviously a little more finnesse to the PC, but if people are put off by the costs of a PC kit then they should look at buying trade items that are not as pretty but do the same job.

Whoooo the polisher turned up today along with the sonus stuff. Cant wait to try this out and get rid of the swirl marks.

I have an astral black is200 and really want to get rid of the swirls and small scratches. what products do you recomend to use with the polisher to get the best results ?

I have the following allready in the garage

Meguires scartch X

meguires 3 step

sonus fx 1+2

Cheers

Deano

IMO,

to be 100% thorough....

2x SFX-1 (orange pad)

2x SFX-2 (green pad)

2x Carnuaba Wax (blue pad)

no need for the scratch X and 1 and 2 on the DC Megs....

:)

Just take it REAL EASY if you haven't used the PCP before......especially with the SFX-1 product.

Try it on some paintwork that doesn't matter if you burn it. Like your bird's car :sick:

See my previous post.....results can be amazing, but be careful!

What speed did you use it at?

I use it @ #5 on the PCP with the orange pad...

Yep,

#5 SFX-1

and then I go 100% for the rest

BTW: I do the SG and carnauba wax by hand, can't get it to work with the PCP

You go max speed for polish? I nearly sh@t my pants when i put it on max, the bloody pad flew off :yahoo::lol:

Not got to SG yet!

But yeh, i guess Wax should be Only applied via Hand so ignore that part i said earlier.

Thanks again for the replies chaps :D

Ok then so lets see if ive got this right, use the sfx1 X2 coats followed by the sfx2 X2 coats. Then which polish maybe megs step 2 by hand then the megs step3 by hand ?

What would be the polish or glaze to use after the sonus sfx stuff before the wax of megs step 3 ?

Thanks for the help chaps. Sorry for the all the questions but i really dont want to mess this up.

Deano.

Thanks again for the replies chaps  :D

Ok then so lets see if ive got this right, use the sfx1  X2 coats followed by the sfx2 X2 coats. Then which polish maybe megs step 2 by hand then the megs step3 by hand ?

What would be the polish or glaze to use after the sonus sfx stuff before the wax of megs step 3 ?

Thanks for the help chaps. Sorry for the all the questions but i really dont want to mess this up.

Deano.

Deano,

If your paint work is pretty badly scratched, heavy of swirls and marring, then 2x SFX-1 and SFX-2 will pretty much rid the paint of it! Well by atleast 95%!

I'd apply the megs Stage 2 (Pure Polish) via Blue pad, its very nice polish btw :)

Then Stage 3 via hand. I would layer it, 2 coats if you have the time.

Your car will have amazing depth!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links