Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Lower Suspension Braces

Mr Morse

I have the JAPASI ones which Mat Made.

They are bloody FANTASTIC!!! :D :D

Really tighten up handing on turn-in and makes the steering much more "snappy". Car feel SO MUCH BETTER!

I think the ones Mat developed may be better then the TRD ones. :question: Trouble with the JAPASI ones is that they do hang low on the car so you do catch more speed bumps if you car is really low like yours Mr Morse. With a drop of 30mm, over most speed bumps you should be fine.

I personally felt they made a bigger impact to handing then the TTE AntiRoll Bars I have or the lowering. Thing I have noticed is that the ride suffers slightly with them because their is MUCH LESS chasis flex, so if you go over a pot hole on the right side can can feel the left side reacting much more then normal.

I am actually thinking of selling mine because soon I should be getting coilovers and if you slam the car too low you will scrap speed bumps with the JAPASI Chasis braces. My area is full of loads and my job involves visiting schools so again more speed bumps :crying: The TRD's may be thinner - I don't know.

If you want the Chasis braces drop me a PM. :D :D

Mat said that his are made of the same metal designed to build bridges so they are incredibly strong - when they scrap they make a horrible noise, but its better them scraping then your Cat or other important bits under the car.

Hope that Helps.

My ride is -55mm at the front and -80mm rear - I'm having a think about raising it to the same height (-55mm) front and rear because I suspect that the low height is contributing to the rear coils knocking.

I had a look under the front a while ago and there seems to be plenty of clearance to fit the front member safely. And I very rarely drive around town anymore cause the council seems to have done a GB on speed bumps :tsktsk:

So with these fitted plus the yellow TRD anti roll bars (due next month), Prolex front strut brace, TRD rear strut brace and the coilovers properly set up I'll just about be sorted on the suspension........except for the uprated TRD bushes

If I can get these for a bargain price I'll go for it :whistling:

So with these fitted plus the yellow TRD anti roll bars (due next month), Prolex front strut brace, TRD rear strut brace and the coilovers properly set up I'll just about be sorted on the suspension........except for the uprated TRD bushes

If I can get these for a bargain price I'll go for it  :whistling:

Bloody hell.....with all that stuff your car WILL BE a GO-KART!!! :whistling: :P :P

Just something I saw a few months back....think Aido posted it...

This maybe rubbish, maybe not.

But I'm sure I read somewhere that if you have Chasis Braces, coilovers + AntiRolls that the car can become too stuff and becomes twitchy??? Backend can fly out more or something.

I quite possibly am wrong.. :tomato:

What are TRD bushes?

Since you have coilovers you may not feel the impact of these braces as much as me who had just lowering springs. Maybe an expert can shed some light on this?? :D

This maybe rubbish, maybe not.

But I'm sure I read somewhere that if you have Chasis Braces, coilovers + AntiRolls that the car can become too stuff and becomes twitchy???  Backend can fly out more or something.

I quite possibly am wrong..  :tomato:

What are TRD bushes?

Maybe an expert can shed some light on this??  :D

Ah......then I'll wait for Mat's comments :whistling:

TRD bushes are made of a harder rubber than the stock bushes - they are another suspension enhancement. But a very labour intensive job!

Do these make the ride even stiff then? With all these suspension upgrades your car must be rock hard ride wise? :D

Good idea to wait - wait for the proper experts like Mat and Dave Ellen to advise you.

I only want what I paid for the braces if you decide you want them ;) I'll PM you a price if its okay? :D

How much are you looking for Anees?

Tempted to make some changes to my car :lol:

That is right what you'd said, basically over on IS300.net there were some comments saying that too stiff anti rolls combined with a big drop had negative impacts on performance, but that was in relation to just coilovers and very stiff sway bars, stiffer even than the TRD's!

where do i start.....

ask a specific question...i'll give a specific answer.

the chassi braces eliminate, chassi twist, at the front, where the lower suspension points are, these are tied into the cars subfram, and therefore stop twisting at the bulkhead forward, this coupled with a top brace, illiminates any front twist

the rear, is mounted to the bottom of the rear subframe, and then bolts to the original brace points, however the chassi brases, are also laterally braced, illiminating twist acros the rear of the floorpan.

as anees says.....mine are the best there are...fact!

very stiff anti roll bars will make the car rear skitty.

however a decent ARB, coilovers, chassis braces and strut braces, makes for a very tought, chassis, which alows the geometry to be finely tuned...and remain accurate, steering will be precise, and handling vastly improved....

i have the whole set up on the monster, and the drift car(albeit...on the drift car, coupled with seam welding, roll cage, and other such badass stuff)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links