Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Interior Dash

Im interested in buying an IS200 SE, I have noticed the earlier models have a different interior to the new ones. I must say the new one is alot better. does anyone know the exact differences between the new ones and the older dash?

Also does anyone know if it is possible to change it the parts to the new dash look?

(I ask these questions as I only have £7k to buy an Is200 so im looking at buying a W reg IS)

u mean the older two tone ones and the newer flat black ones? I prefer the newer ones too, I think the old one looks too dated.

you could buy a new dash and swap them over, you'd need a centre console too.

ive noticed that around the gear stick and along the centre piece is gold coloured at the edge. is that the only difference or are theire more changes than that. if anyone has pictures of old and new then that would help

i think we are getting lost here mate. to my knowledge there are 2 types of dash in the lexus. which are

99-2004 cars have a 2 tone dash where half the dash down the centre has a gold colour.

2004-2006 cars have all black dash unless u have a cream seats you get a cream bottom to the dash.

I think im right there. if we are still confused ill see if we can get pictures

ahh rite.... so the dash never changed shape in the newer ones?

The difference we have is the colour so if i bought the new pieces they would fit in? The CD player changed as I have noticed on her due to some error.

Going off the interior subject i wanted to know if the speaker system in the SE model is loud and good quality sound?

no the dash has never changed shape, just colours.

yea if you bought a new dash and centre colsole everything would fit in.

I guess the standard system is 'good' as far as standard systems go but I took all mine out and replaced it with diamond audio gear.

did you change all the speakers as well as the head unit? at the moment i have a sony mp3 cd head unit in my car with 6x9's in the back. the output from the headunit is something like 50w which is typical for most head units. would the standard lexus head unit and speakers match this sound?

did you change all the speakers as well as the head unit? at the moment i have a sony mp3 cd head unit in my car with 6x9's in the back. the output from the headunit is something like 50w which is typical for most head units. would the standard lexus head unit and speakers match this sound?

I think the output of the amp in the IS is somwhere around 175W, is that right?

Anyhoo, its very loud, and one of the best standard systems you're going to find in a car

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links