Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Up My Mk3 Earlier Today...

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and to LS400 ownership! I've been a Citroen man for many years and own a C5 V6 Exclusive and a Maserati-engined SM. Having been a distant admirer of LS400's for many years (much to the bemusement of my Citroen colleagues) I've finally bought a P-reg '97 Mk3. I picked it up this evening. It's done only 53k miles, had 2 owners and has the fLsh. I'm confident about the mileage as the s/h, invoices, MOT certs etc all appear to verify this plus the car reflects that kind of mileage in its condition- it seems almost new. I paid just £5,750 from a trader, which I think is excellent value.

I've only covered 5 miles so far hence haven't had a chance to drive it 'properly' as yet, but I did get up to 70mph in a 50mph limit without realising, which was a bit of a shock; I'll have to watch that I guess!

I may have some questions over the next few days for you guys if that's OK...? In the meantime, I'm sure I've already noticed the lights on the instrument panel (plus the green clock/outside temp lights) go from bright to dark all on their own. I had fiddled with the rheostat earlier so maybe it's faulty, or am I heading for the dreaded burnt out needles?

Also, are the original cd's supplied with the car available anywhere? That's the only original 'goodie' I appear to be missing.

Grateful for any help/advice on the above and looking forward to chatting with you in future! Apologies for long post...

Cheers

Graham

Bleedin ell mate...that sounds like a good un !....mines a 97 and got 150 on her and cost me 4 grand.....so i would say you have done real real good.....and good luck with it....you will love it I'm sure...! :driving:

The car has an auto feature for mirror dipping. basically when a car behind shines its lights on your rear view mirror, or it gets really dark, like when yo go in a tunnel, the dash lights dim automatically. you should also notice that the cars behind seem to have lights with a green tint to them, and you do not need to dim the mirror. The mirror has a small button and a green LED on it. I think this is turn this feature on/off.

You will soon find an owners manual set on eBay, that is where I got a manual, CD and owners wallet.

Just fir away with more questions, but try to use the site's search feature first.

Welcome to the flying carpet fraternity.

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and to LS400 ownership! I've been a Citroen man for many years and own a C5 V6 Exclusive and a Maserati-engined SM. Having been a distant admirer of LS400's for many years (much to the bemusement of my Citroen colleagues) I've finally bought a P-reg '97 Mk3. I picked it up this evening. It's done only 53k miles, had 2 owners and has the fLsh. I'm confident about the mileage as the s/h, invoices, MOT certs etc all appear to verify this plus the car reflects that kind of mileage in its condition- it seems almost new. I paid just £5,750 from a trader, which I think is excellent value.

I've only covered 5 miles so far hence haven't had a chance to drive it 'properly' as yet, but I did get up to 70mph in a 50mph limit without realising, which was a bit of a shock; I'll have to watch that I guess!

I may have some questions over the next few days for you guys if that's OK...? In the meantime, I'm sure I've already noticed the lights on the instrument panel (plus the green clock/outside temp lights) go from bright to dark all on their own. I had fiddled with the rheostat earlier so maybe it's faulty, or am I heading for the dreaded burnt out needles?

Also, are the original cd's supplied with the car available anywhere? That's the only original 'goodie' I appear to be missing.

Grateful for any help/advice on the above and looking forward to chatting with you in future! Apologies for long post...

Cheers

Graham

Hooray! At lasat I'm not alone here! As a 20+ years Citroen Car Club member.....(now expired) I share your background. Welcome to the smooth world of the LS400. I have taken mine to Rallies too (Citroen DS ones!). Loved the DSs but (drove one 3 weeks ago) they're soooonoisy and clangy. But I still love the styling. Wish I could fit a DS body on an LS400!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Doh - I should have read the manual first. Might have guessed it was a Lexus feature.

I must admit to being apprehensive about mentioning Citroen's in a Lexus environment as I thought I'd be laughed off the forum, but I'm pleased to see there's mutual appreciation. You can't fault them (the older ones) for being innovative and daring and yes, the SM is a real beauty! (Chris - I used to be registrar for the SM's in the SeMantics section of the CCC. I love DS's too but not the agricultural engine!)

Meanwhile, I managed to cover over 100 miles in the LS today, getting a chance to experience it better. My partner and our little 7month old boy travelled in luxury in the back! What a car. It's certainly living up to my expectations. The only slightly odd thing I noticed was literally what seemed like a milli-second's worth of power fluctuation while cruising. It happened a few times and was barely noticeable. I can only describe it as a very slight 'blip' or hesitation/interruption. I had the climate control/ac on at the time. The car has been unused for months so maybe a fuel issue...? And my mobile phone caused occasional interference through the hifi. Anyone have any thoughts on these two?

Otherwise - purrfect!

Hi Graham

If you have the Mk3 LS they suffered a small drag down and ocasional surge in power with the Air Con on, usually means the compressor is being miss behaved. Nothing can be done about it, well nothing that doesnt cost the earth.

I usually find that setting the climate at about 18-20c on manual does the trick.

As to the phone, if you have a car kit be carefull where you run the aerial lead if not it could be the supressor fuse in the radio gone.

I'll be posting some pics as soon as I can. It's champagne gold with the beige leather and gold badging - very 'Beverly Hills' as a friend commented! It has the 'correct' Dunlop D8Z tyres too. It also has a cigar lighter in the boot for some reason...!

We had a brand new child seat fitted in the rear yesterday for junior. It matches the leather! He looks like a little Maharajah sitting there in the back!

Thanks Dr Hugh for the info on the compressor. I had suspected it might have been a/c related, though it's not done it since and neither has the mobile caused interference. Anyway, off on another decent journey tomorrow so let's see...

Graham

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links