Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Pump Upgrade

TheDon

I am in belief that my fuel pump is running under par as the car is struggling at "increasing speeds" nearer the 3 figure mark. and it is gradualy getting worse.

It feels as if it has hit a wall and starts to shudder under acceleration, i can only think that it is running lean.

with the standard pump running at 90+% with the supercharger i am considering an upgraded fuel pump as a precaution.

I have been quoted £111.50 (inc vat) for one that pumps 2.9 litres a min (174L and hour) and plugs into the standard loom.

Will it just be a straight plug and play thing? or do i have to re-map?

personaly i would prefer the pump only to be running at 60% at max rather than killing its self.

is this a wise idea?

ahh, my technical knowlege on this has already been exhausted!!

is there any where i can get all these bits? or do you have a cut list?

as i wouldnt know a good regulator from a bad one etc

ahh, my technical knowlege on this has already been exhausted!!

is there any where i can get all these bits? or do you have a cut list?

as i wouldnt know a good regulator from a bad one etc

Think a good regulator will be about £100+ :whistling: then you have the rest off the bits to buy as well

Cant see the point chris as the OEM fuel pump is used in several IS's which push out over 240 bhp (keiraans & dazas) and as far as i know they use the oem pump and are ok.

what i've been told is that the pump is chucking enough fuel out.........its the injectors which cant get enough fuel into the combustion chamber. wacking a bigger pump on will not get the fuel into the engine as the OEM ecu governs how much getts squirted in

My car & ad77's will be running 250bhp with OEM pump and hopefully no return line....

didnt find this out on google :winky:

Cant see the point chris as the OEM fuel pump is used in several IS's which push out over 240 bhp (keiraans & dazas) and as far as i know they use the oem pump and are ok.

what i've been told is that the pump is chucking enough fuel out.........its the injectors which cant get enough fuel into the combustion chamber. wacking a bigger pump on will not get the fuel into the engine as the OEM ecu governs how much getts squirted in

My car & ad77's will be running 250bhp with OEM pump and hopefully no return line....

didnt find this out on google  :winky:

yea like dave says its not the pump that needs replaceing (unless its on its lastlegs that is?) its the IS injectors as they are not up to the job when under Boost as my ones are all ways maxing out at .6 :duh: ...........sounds like your pump has had it, if i was you i would just get a new pump and see how that go,s...........

thats good advise actualy, seeing as its been getting worse it is more than likely just the pump.

Does anyone know how much the OEM fuel pump is???

would def be an eaiser job of fitting by the looks of it.

cheers fellas

thats good advise actualy, seeing as its been getting worse it is more than likely just the pump.

cheers fellas

I think its around the £50 mark...........but dont hold me to that :ph34r:

cheers fellas

I think its around the £50 mark...........but dont hold me to that :ph34r:

thats cool, even if its double that its cheaper than the other option of upgrading the whole lot!

will try and call the dealer tomorrow

Why is it that none of you think about uprating the fuel pump is a good idea ?? In my evo i have upped the boost and everybody says that i must uprate the fuel pump as the evo will start to lean out at high boost (i have just fitted a walbro 255lph pump) surely this is the same in your cars if they have been supercharged or turbo`d. The injectors are trying to supply the fuel but the pumps not putting enough fuel there :blink: just a thought for you all :winky:

jase

admittedly i know very little on how electronic fuel injected cars compensate for turbos etc.

Maybe there is just not enough comparison works done to have a definitive answer?

where as evo's etc are made to be upgraded the IS series seem destined to be standard

I have not upgraded my ecu, I have just added a boost controller but as the evo`s have been more tuned then they no that it can take extra boost on the standard ecu but the fuel pump runs out of puff, this uprated fuel pump will give the fuel rail more pressure so whatever the injectors want they will get.

jase

• 3 weeks later...
I am in belief that my fuel pump is running under par as the car is struggling at "increasing speeds" nearer the 3 figure mark. and it is gradualy getting worse.

It feels as if it has hit a wall and starts to shudder under acceleration, i can only think that it is running lean.

Maybe a fuel cut ;)

surely this is the same in your cars if they have been supercharged or turbo`d. 

jase

u dont need to do anything to the fuel pump if u have the SC fitted, the turbos on the other hand, if ur aiming for the higher powers and the AF isnt the best then sure, but if the AF is fine .........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links