Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Rx Attacked By Chickens

chickens.jpg

As you can see my RX got taken over by chickens this weekend! I was driving to the Lake District and I accidentally took the M6 Toll instead of the M6. For some reason my SAT NAV did not recognise the M6 Toll, the display just showed white land. I was a bit surprised that the map was not up to date especially since I bought my car in 2005. It also randomly started thinking that there were roundabouts "Go straight through roundabout etc..." although I was driving on a highway. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it easy to get the DVD updated and is there a cost associated?

and sometimes they just go crazy, I used to use TOMTOM and once it said i was driving over the sea, the next time I went that way again it was back to normal..

Im not sure how new the M6 Toll road is..

:lol:

chickens.jpg

As you can see my RX got taken over by chickens this weekend! I was driving to the Lake District and I accidentally took the M6 Toll instead of the M6. For some reason my SAT NAV did not recognise the M6 Toll, the display just showed white land. I was a bit surprised that the map was not up to date especially since I bought my car in 2005. It also randomly started thinking that there were roundabouts "Go straight through roundabout etc..." although I was driving on a highway. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it easy to get the DVD updated and is there a cost associated?

:lol: Great picture, as your car is a 2005 you will probably find you have the latest disc, should be a new disc available next year me thinks.

when we go to cornwall, at the 'end' of the M5 (where it splits off left to Dawlish/Torquay etc & right if your heading cornwall way) ours tells us to come off left, go round the island, then join back on the M5 again...we did it a couple of times too before we realised what it was doing!! theres a few other islands/flyovers it does that at too - bizarre or wot?! perhaps we've just got a 'scenic route' model...

You need to turn off the "Getaway" mode.....

Then it wont try to send you through fields etc.  :)

hmmm....not too sure if you're being serious?! :hehe: but i've got a spare half an hour this afternoon, i'll have a look round the book n twiddle a few knobs :P (i suppose it would help if i had actually read the manual at some point... :whistling: )

Drove up the A!/M! past Wetherby over the holiday weekend thats a new road that just does not exist on sat nav yet.

The only problem with a dvd based system is the lack of downloadable updates.

Then it wont try to send you through fields etc.  :)

hmmm....not too sure if you're being serious?! :hehe: but i've got a spare half an hour this afternoon, i'll have a look round the book n twiddle a few knobs :P (i suppose it would help if i had actually read the manual at some point... :whistling: )

How did ya knob twiddlin go :winky:

PS.............I was joking.............only the CD version has the getaway mode, along with the MIB conversion. :tomato:

Then it wont try to send you through fields etc.   :)

How did ya knob twiddlin go :winky:

PS.............I was joking.............only the CD version has the getaway mode, along with the MIB conversion. :tomato:

i thought so.... :P

it's a good job i completely forgot about it as soon as i stepped away from my PC then isn't it?! - or one or two (dozen) choice words :tsktsk: would of been aimed at you for time wasted & a broken finger nail or two... :D

i'll keep my knob twiddling for this weekend... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links