Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remember My Accident In April?

I really am reaching the end of my tether with all this now.

15 April - accident with 8 wheel tipper which pulled out in front of me

18 April - call Lexus Stockport and ask if they can repair the vehicle, they can, so the Smith Knight Fay bodyshop collect the car and it takes 3 days for it to arrive for some unexplained reason. work begins...

2 July - car is ready, i collect it and notice the following problems: money stolen from arm rest, damage under engine bay, scratched door pillar, induction kit fitted properly, flat Battery, glue on rear bumper, baked on paint mark on rear quarter, terrible paint job on all new parts, wing not aligned properly.

18 July - car back in for them to do a proper job.

23 July - car is ready, i collect it again and notice: money stolen from arm rest again, cd's messed with and order changed in cd player, terrible paint job.

15 August - car back in for them to do the job again.

25 August - car is ready again and car looks ok upon initial inspection, although it is raining. upon drive home i notice the bar stewards have broken my arm rest - snapped the hinge completely. get home, proper check of car once it is dry - terrible paint job again - half my car is smooth and the other half is super orange peely (first 2 times they painted the car it was nice and smooth but had dimples in, now only 3 dimples but a terrible orange peel mottled effect). also notice scratches to rear quarter, wing mirror and door pillar. then i notice that the film on my front tints has been scratched and a chunk taken out of it!

called the bodyshop manager straight away, he's on holiday, so im told that the big boss will call me, this was on Thursday and guess what, he still hasnt called and i dont expect him too either to be honest.

called the insurance co and they said as long as the bodyshop are happy to rectify the problems they will not get involved.

so what do i do? i really dont fancy them getting their hands on my lex again, who knows how it will come back next time and how many attempts should they get? this could go on for another 6 months if they keep rectifying it!

in total they have had the car for 93 days so far this year!

this has been one long frustrating ball ache for me and to be honest has really put me off lexus full stop, i've got enough going on at the moment without this. im close to just accepting it and then selling the car.

im going to get a letter off to lexus gb this afternoon, i think a letter would be better as theres a lot to get across in a phone conversation, other than that what else can i do peeps? help!

Blimey Wosket, as if the accident wasn't annoying enough for you in the first place!

Best thing I can think of is to try and take the dealer to the small claims court to cover cost of your hire car (if any) and other losses of income or expenditure - onky trouble with that is it will take ages, and if under £5k you won't be able to claim back your legal expenses :angry:

Sorry can't think of anything else mate.

John speak to dealer manager/Lex GB and demand it gets sorted and tell them that you want it taken to another dealer/bodyshop...its not on....its frustrating i know mate, but dont let the :tsktsk: ers get away with it :angry:

Bloody hell John this is taking the ***** now mate, you'd expect a decent job once you've complained once, these guys are taking the *****!

Would it help if next time you go me and Gord turn up with you in a black suit arrangement and pretend we're you're heavy mob (literally)?!

I hope they're giving you a courtesy car while they're doing this?

Sorry to hear that this is still dragging on John. You might be better trying to take it to Lexus Manchester or even Bolton, as it sounds as if Stockport is :tsktsk: and will never do a good job. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

There's a severe hint of deja vu here :whistling:

I know exactly what you're going through, I had exactly the same situation with my car, it kept going back, and then coming back even worse than the last time. In my case, they also added 'stealing the change out of the ashtray' and the car was also damaged several times while in their possession.

You will soon find, as I did, that Lexus GB can't really do anything about it. If the original garage does not agree with the costs of the second one you want to go to, they cannot force them to do so.

However, what I then did, was speak to the principal of the dealership (the guy right at the top, forget the managers and all that rubbish), and gave him a right earful of the horrendous service that was being offered by his garage. That got things moving very quickly. They gave me a Lexus courtesy car (when originally only Yaris' were available), and the car was taken in straight away, and the work was inspected by 3 separate people before even calling me to ensure that it was absolutely perfect :D

Good luck with this, hopefully it'll get sorted soon :winky:

Unfortunately some of these Lexus approved bodyshops leave a lot to be desired, and when they have done a job neither them nor the Lexus dealership are prepared to stand by it. Lexus GB are a waste of time in a situation like this - they get the soap out and start washing their hands just like the dealer.

The above is my own opinion and not the opinion of this club, any member or moderator.

Your only comeback is through either the dealer that recommended them or the bodyshop itself. In the case of the bodyshop what are they going to ? Only make it worse as they have already proved. As suggested above go to highest person at the dealership ..... not the guy that runs the site .... the manager of the parent company and do what's necessary ;)

One thing to remember is never take it away until you are 100% happy. If necessary get an independent to examine it to back up your view.

Good luck.

Yep, i have to agree...never take your car away til ur entirely happy...always get a courtesy car (if insurance cover allows) and never release it til ur happy with ur own car...that pisses em off!! Also, never collect it on ur own...take a crew of preferably burly geezers who know about cars and harass em even if ur car's mint...works every time

The same sort of thing happened to me when I owned an Isuzu, a neighbour was reverse parking his car and hit my rear bumper,putting a small dent in it and knocking it off the bracket.

His insurance paid for it, and a mechanic friend of mine went to collect it for me,and refused to take it as , in his opinion the repair wasn't up to his satisfaction,Three days later it was.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links