Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please Help!

Pip

I am thinking of replacing the front and the rear discs and pads. I wanted both grooved and drilled as it not only better for stopping power but also looks cool!! :D

With all the choice available i dont know what to go for. I have read all the previous posts etc.

EBC discs seem iffy but their greenstuff pads seem ok.

I was looking at the Black diamond discs and pads. What do you guys think?

Please shed some light and opinions on what you lot have.

I'm launching a proper big brake kit soon...........nice four pot calipers on the front 2 part enormous vented grooved AP discs..........bigger rear calipers and vented & grooved 2 part AP discs on the rear............

other than that the debate rages over what discs are best for your car...let the thread commence :blush:

Cheers Pro-lex but i dnt really need a big brake kit as i am not pushing out 250BHP+ etc!!

But yes please can the advise commence to help me settle which pads and discs to for.

PS. I would have loved the the DBA ones Pro-lex if they still continued them!!

Cheers Pro-lex but i dnt really need a big brake kit as i am not pushing out 250BHP+ etc!!

But yes please can the advise commence to help me settle which pads and discs to for.

PS. I would have loved the the DBA ones Pro-lex if they still continued them!!

you can get DBA ones from www.wallaceperformance.co.uk :whistling: they will not supply me as I dont have a posh shop :sick:

completely understand and agree Mr Morse... please offer your suggestions on asthetically pleasing discs that do the job and look A1??

Read too much on EBC discs warping etc that have put me slightly off, yet others rave about it??!!

My head is in a thousand places after searching, reserching for 24hrs!! :crybaby:

Pro-lex: I cant see DBA on that site just loads of calibra turbo stuff :angry:

Any opinions on Black Diamond Discs and pads?

Come on guys what do i go for Drilled/grooved or combi's?

I have been told that drilled eventually split/crack.

They do look the dogs bollocks though :D

What i have been advised is if i go for EBC then stay clear of green stuff pads as they are the cause of the wraping and go for the red stuff.

I need more input chaps :crying:

PS. Cheers Pro-lex for your PM promoting your stuff :lol: Nah only joking cheers for the advice mate.

I just had mine all replaced yesterday, Pagid front disks and BluePrint ADL rear disks and Mintex pads all round.

Seems fine, can't really tell any difference to be honest but I can't use them in anger as they're new and I have a new clutch so I'm being a good boy - I've never seen the mpg needle above 20 before :lol:

I'd have thought that as there is more material on non-grooved or drilled disks you may get more fade but slightly better bite? My fronts look fancy but to be honest I think the fancy looking disks are more for track use - they say fast road use but how often nowadays do you get chance to do that?!

I'm launching a proper big brake kit soon...........nice four pot calipers on the front 2 part enormous vented grooved AP discs..........bigger rear calipers and vented & grooved 2 part AP discs on the rear............

When do you think your kit will be launched and roughly how much? Do you do fitting as well? My IS 300 SportX is standard in every way and stopping power seems fine although I don't thrash it. The big problem apart from cosmetic is dust. My wheels look as though they have been up a chimney after two or three days driving.

So what do you have aido?

Drilled and grooved/combi's/solid?

Yeah i think a lot is to do with cosmetic appearance. What pads to use to prevent/minimise brake dust?

I am really tempted by the black diamond discs and maybe predator or mintex pads.

EBC from this board doesnt seem to get a thumbs up :crying:

More opinions before shelling out £400+ on brakes please guys :ohmy:

completely understand and agree Mr Morse... please offer your suggestions on asthetically pleasing discs that do the job and look A1??

Read too much on EBC discs warping etc that have put me slightly off, yet others rave about it??!!

My head is in a thousand places after searching, reserching for 24hrs!!  :crybaby:

Pro-lex: I cant see DBA on that site just loads of calibra turbo stuff  :angry:

Try brembo - lots of stuff on US fleabay. Gord has them fitted. Porsche use brembo as OEM plus many other manufacturers.

Just to inform you all i went with the the drilled/grooved fronts and grooved rears Black Diamonds.

With Green stuff pads all round.

Drove an impreza and M3 with green stuff on and they seemed fine. All they said was brake them in gently and dont thrash around as they arent meant for that.

Let you know of the outcome :)

Nice one mate, sounds like they'll be alright :)

The front's on mine are just grooved mate, this is what they look like:

pagid%20discs.jpg

They seemed better than what I had on when I was travelling on the motorway this morning, certainly brought me from 120-0 when I came to my junction nicely :lol:

Get some pics up when they're done, have to admit I've been very gentle with the new brakes as I'm still driving like they're knackered!

It's amazing how much tidier things look without those rusty drums!!

• 2 weeks later...

Discs and pads and the materials used to make them are designed with the car in mind.

Using the wrong materials for example could result in pads that overheat and/or discs that wear prematurely or not reach operating temperature etc.

i know this is a bit off topic. .... but has anyone ever thought of using the disc/calipers/pads ... (direct swap) from an LS400? I heard from my friend they fit the IS200 ....

theoretically if u can find some at the local scrap yards .... thats a very cheap option for an massive increase in stoppin power!

thoughts anyone?

i know this is a bit off topic. .... but has anyone ever thought of using the disc/calipers/pads ... (direct swap) from an LS400?  I heard from my friend they fit the IS200 ....

theoretically if u can find some at the local scrap yards .... thats a very cheap option for an massive increase in stoppin power!

thoughts anyone?

I think this is something that Prolex are considering......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links