Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Boxes?

Fidgits

okay - sorry about another house thread (Maybe I need to start an Ian's house questions thread?), but im starting to look at packing up as i could be moving in a few weeks...

Now, i have a few boxes, but not many - so where's the best place to get these from, and preferably with little or no cost...

Also, any tips on packing them?

thanks in advance...

When we moved I went to one of the Big Yellow Self Storage places.

We paid £40 for a complete set of boxes designed for moving a 2 bed house. That came as a pack complete with pens, bubble wrap, tape and a tape dispenser.

We were desperate though and got caught out (we didn't pack in time and ended moving out sooner than expected as the buyers cash came through !)

Did the job for us though.

If i had the time i'd have gone to tesco's or somewhere like that.

I tried the supermarket option 2-1/2 years ago when I moved but didn't have any success - the manager told me that they don't supply empty boxes as it exposes them to a risk of civil action should the boxes break and either property is damaged or Joe Public gets hurt.

Bloody litigation culture! :sick:

When we moved I went to one of the Big Yellow Self Storage places.

We paid £40 for a complete set of boxes designed for moving a 2 bed house. That came as a pack complete with pens, bubble wrap, tape and a tape dispenser.

We were desperate though and got caught out (we didn't pack in time and ended moving out sooner than expected as the buyers cash came through !)

Did the job for us though.

If i had the time i'd have gone to tesco's or somewhere like that.

Thanks for that info - i had the same problems as Mr M with supermarkets

Here are the options... more than i wanted to spend, but worth a thought at least!

actually, that turns out to be a very useful link - as it gives suggested number and sizes of boxes required...

working with what i have, and what (they think) i need, i might be able to get away with the student pack :P

Try your local McDonalds.

My ex works for them, and thats what we used last time we moved house. The fry boxes aint too bad a size and they do seem pretty sturdy.

They usually have loads built up during the week between cardboard collections

This is the only car club site I know where you can discuss:

Electronic Wizardry............to..............Cardboard Boxes !!!

Fish Tanks for sale ....to.....Expensive motors for sale!!!

Absolutely brilliant.

The wealth of knowledge on this site always brings a smile to my face :P

Keep it up guys :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links