Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Found Someone With My Number Plate.

Anees

Hi guys,

Over the last few weeks I have seen this Lexus GS300 around Rochdale/Oldham/Manchester with what is basically MY numberplate. It spells my name perfectly and would looks great on my car.

I had my brake pads changed on Saturday from a mates garage and (small world!) one of the people that works at the garage actually knows the owner of the car/plate. The guy that has the plate apparently SELLS numberplates. LOL they even had one of his flyers on the garage wall advertising some of his number plates. :D

I REALLY want that numberplate. How should I play it? From what they told me at the garage the person is called Anees (big surprise!) and he is abit of a tight so-and-so that is a hard businessman that will probably try and screw every penny out of me for that number plate. Doesn't seem too well liked.. :huh:

Would you recommend that maybe I get someone else to ring up on my behalf? If I ring up and say I'm called Anees and am after his number plate I think he will start seeing £££ signs... :huh:

Since the guy owns a GS he (from what I've been told) is loaded so doesn't really need the money....

Any tips?

Think of a maximum price you're willing to pay then offer less and untill you reach your maximum that you're willing to spend. If he's tight and dont want to sell then you'll have to find a different one.

I've got somebody that wants my liscence plate but he's not having it. Unless he pays me £££££££ :P ( I think he's in Cyprus at the moment anyay) :lol:

try and make a few discrete enquiries

if it is his name he probably wont want to sell the plate

wouldnt of thought it had a great market value to any one other than someone called anees, which i would imagine it is a pretty rare name

so it might be your bargain !

does he have a website, email him and ask

what is the plate ??, where and what no.s does it have ?

I know someone after mine to  :D think he's in Liverpool  :lol:

Careful Gord....he was trying to get me to help him to electricute you! Also watchout for any dodgy Jaffa Cakes he offers you! :lol:

The Plate is:

ANEES

A17EES

The 17 can be made to look like an 'N' subtly.... :whistling:

Like you say Bazza if its his plate he probably wouldn't sell it, BUT from what I've been told he values cash over sentiment. :shifty: He has flyers all over advertising number plates he is selling. At the end of the day its really just a £250 quid plate from the DVLA...but he has it and I haven't! :crybaby:

Just put some GS 300 badges on the back of your car and order the plate you want from fancy plates.com

then you got all the time in the world untill you get found out to use it, for around the price of £50.00 hehehe

oh and not all GS300 owners are loaded :(

Bet he'll want a fortune.  :crybaby:

I see on the DVLA site there's quite a few AN**EES plates available.

Or, more fitting, DE51ROY for destroy as most things seem to just explode when they are around you.  :lol:  :lol:

:P :lol::whistling:

I can't put those plates on my car because they are for much newer models. I actually prefer the older style plates with less letters anyway.... :shifty:

I know someone after mine to  :D think he's in Liverpool  :lol:

Careful Gord....he was trying to get me to help him to electricute you! Also watchout for any dodgy Jaffa Cakes he offers you! :lol:

The Plate is:

ANEES

A17EES

The 17 can be made to look like an 'N' subtly.... :whistling:

Like you say Bazza if its his plate he probably wouldn't sell it, BUT from what I've been told he values cash over sentiment. :shifty: He has flyers all over advertising number plates he is selling. At the end of the day its really just a £250 quid plate from the DVLA...but he has it and I haven't! :crybaby:

I have seen this plate around too. Looks very nice and can be made to look like Anees, no problem. ;)

Have you tried contacting him? Someone with a Soarer came up to me in a chippie and asked to buy my plate. But then he told me that he's selling his car. :blink:

Right guys...

contact has been made:

Disappointing news :crybaby::crybaby: (well expected really)

I thought the plate was A17EES it is not! :question:

It actually is A17EFS (with a screw to make the F look like an E)

Anees (the one selling the plate) said that he wouldn't sell the plate unless he got a very generous offer, but even then he would have to think about it since its HIS name.

Asked what a generious offer was and he said £2000! :sick::sick: That is twice what I was willing to pay. Not as keen on it now really because it is not a proper A17EES plate and the use of the screw is illegal. :(

Part of me is still thinking about it actually.... could probably get him down to £1600 - £1800 with some negotiation and pestering.

Their is also a Merc CLK Compressor doing the rounds in Oldham with the plate A4EES which is also very nice ;) I know where the car is usally parked so I think I will leave a note under the wiper (I'm not a stalker honest!) :shifty::shifty:

A mate has also told me to ring the DVLA because they don't always have all of their plates listed on the website.....

PS This is only the second Anees I have ever heard of (excluding myself)! :P

@Raz - you tight get!! The guy apparenty owns a few takeways. :lol:

@ Ifraz - did you see this plate on a White Lexus GS? You may have seen another plate that might be A17EES (the proper one)

The plate A17 EES is not listed on the RAC website vehicle checker thing - are you sure you've seen that plate?

The price sounds about right, to be honest mate if hes not even sure about selling it, since it's his name and all, I'd have thought that would have made it harder to barter since he's not looking to sell it anyway...

Can you not go for a cheaper L3X plate or something for the time being if you're not going to sell the car soon?

The plate A17 EES is not listed on the RAC website vehicle checker thing - are you sure you've seen that plate?

The price sounds about right, to be honest mate if hes not even sure about selling it, since it's his name and all, I'd have thought that would have made it harder to barter since he's not looking to sell it anyway...

Can you not go for a cheaper L3X plate or something for the time being if you're not going to sell the car soon?

The plate is not A17EES its A17EFS.

Yeah...suppose your right mate but when you really want something rational thought can go out the window! :lol:

I already have a private plate on the car, just would like my name on thats all ;) Then its a plate I would keep for years! :D

Think I'll hunt down the owner of A4EES tommorow..... ;)

Right bro,

A17 EES doesnt exist.

A17 EFS is on a white Toyota Saloon (aristo import maybe?)

A4EES aint on no merc, but a blue ford focus zetec.

what?? Am i going blind? I know the difference between a CLK and a Focus. Hmm... interesting. I will check tommorow (sure its on a CLK - infact I even took a picture of it with my old phone but it was a about 8 months back). :zee:

Maybe it changed hands in that time?

Thanks Raz ;)

If you try this webpage pal it will return what the plate is on at the minute:

https://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search

Should be fairly up to date, think you can do a similar search at the DVLA

;) Thanks Aido.

Just put in Gords Reg and it says its not found! :lol: Dodgy geezer! ;)

Searched for A14EES and its on a 1989 Ford Transiit! :sick: Now just wish I could get the owners contact details!

Wonder if Mr ScarFace does PNC checks for LOC Gold Members? :whistling: :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links