Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tango'd!

Rich OB

I thought i would make a start on removing the orange filters from the front indicators this afternoon now i wish i didn't!!

Ok its not a hard job but delicate and messy, is that grey glue stuff strong and sticky or what!

Has anyone else done this to there IS and if so did u remove all the glue from the plastic part? I think its impossible i'm just gonna re-aeal it tomorrow and start on the left one! Still it is worth it it looks a million times better and its one of those subtl mods that makes all the difference!

Anyway if anyone has any tips before i re-seal and start on the next one they certainly would be appreciated! I hav tead the thread from the main page, very helpful...

Hairdryer my arse, never used one in my life, as you can tell :lol:

Sure Pete once mentioned that you could put them in the oven as well to warm them up - seriously - but leave them in there too long and you're knackered :o

i tried to do a similar thing with the rear clusters on my old civic... a hairdryer and a screwdriver... please note, that sometimes i get very impatient, and my frustration was clearly taken out on the lamps... started with one rear cluster, ended up with 11 little bits of cluster, lol.

careful!!!

i tried to do a similar thing with the rear clusters on my old civic... a hairdryer and a screwdriver... please note, that sometimes i get very impatient, and my frustration was clearly taken out on the lamps... started with one rear cluster, ended up with 11 little bits of cluster, lol.

careful!!!

Sounds a bit like me

I've been thinking about taking the front light's out so that I could spray them black inside but will prob end up with a few bits snapped off so prob gonna get the new dark is one's

Ok, o/s one complete, I don't think u can ever get it to look factory cos of all the melting and separating u gotta do but thats all 'behind the scenes' like wen u open the bonnet u can see all the stretched plastic etc

But overall it looks 110% better without that orange filter, shame Lexus put all there design thought into the rear cluster a!!

As above a few things did go wrong, a few little things snapped off but nothing to effect fitting.

!!!!!!!!Just remembered!!!! Gotta go get some bulbs, don't think white indicators are legal!!

Ok, one of the headlights is not sitting flush with the front bumper (same as before i started) and beam seems to be a little brighter like pointing upwards, are the headlights adjustable in fitting or beam or whatever? Any suggestions?

Lol @ Colin! Only Lol cos i know how u felt, i'm in the middle of it now and i hav taken the o/s one off again to redo the whole thing cos of a little water leak! Haven't even started the n/s yet!

If anyone can help URGENTLY with what is the best sealant to use?? Is UNIBOND ALL PURPOSE SEALANT ok to use or do i need somethin much stronger!!??

Lol @ Colin! Only Lol cos i know how u felt, i'm in the middle of it now and i hav taken the o/s one off again to redo the whole thing cos of a little water leak! Haven't even started the n/s yet!

If anyone can help URGENTLY with what is the best sealant to use?? Is UNIBOND ALL PURPOSE SEALANT ok to use or do i need somethin much stronger!!??

make sure its a silicone sealant

if it says paintable its not silicone

GREAT quick reply!

Well i went and bought all purpose sealant which says it can be used in kitchens and bathrooms etc and says its waterproof, yes/no?

Only need to di it quick cos the Mrs aint too pleased i gotta borrow her car tmo for work.....Women!!!

Ok its now in its drying time now, thought i would leave it to bond for 24 hours before refitting.

Now...

#1 I was just wondering IF IS300 headlamps fit onto the 200 without drastic modification?

#2 Or can the glass and inner part of the headlamp be separated and bonded to the back of the 200 headlamps? I know the bulb positions are different but will still be using the rear of the 200 headlamp?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links