Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bora 1.8t And Is 200, Who Is Faser?

smartwave

I will get my lexus is200 s this saturday.

However, I have to admit that the Bora 1.8T is much faster than is 200.

I tried one Bora 1.8T on the same day when I tried the IS200.

the bora has much better accerlation

the is200 seems to be have a high revolving engine because I got the best acceleration when the engine was running at 3000~4000 rounds per minute

the bora reaches it best output power at 2000~3000, I think.

but I chosed the IS200 at last because I think the is200 can last longer.

Yeah you've nailed the IS there mate, the timing changes and ACIS valves I think they're called open at ~4,250rpm which is when you see the performance increase...

The rev limiter is at 6,250 so it comes up pretty quickly!

You really need to keep the IS on the boil if you want any sort of performance, it really is lacking under 4,250, even with superchargers etc etc, but then again the car wasn't designed for performance, it's just really smooth, have to admit I'd forgotten how smooth until I've been gentle with it since the new clutch was fitted :lol:

the is200 seems to be have a high revolving engine because I got the best acceleration when the engine was running at 3000~4000 rounds per minute

The IS200 engine is flat as a pancake below 4,500 rpm, you need to keep it between there and the "red line" to get the best out of it.

The Bora 1.8t is a 156 Bhp engine (same as i had in my cupra)

Two completely different cars though. The VVTi kicks in on the Lexus at 4000rpm and you have to keep it 'revvy' to get swift accelleration.

The turbo on the VAG 1.8t engines is fully spooled at 3500rpm. But will give the impression of faster accelleration and may well be to 60mph but there wont be a lot in it if you drive the Lexus a bit harder through the gears.

The VAG engine will also top out before the IS200 lump, plus the IS has a 6 speed box.

Much better car in my opinion.

I used to have a Bora 1.6 16v - nice cars but the Lexus tops the bill every time.

The Bora's 0-60 figures are something like 7.something seconds. The majority of the Bora's (or Jetta's as they're know) in the US are 1.8T's. They are a fast car for a family saloon, but I have heard alot about the turbo's blowing. Plus they've only got 15inch wheels !!!! :yack:

The bloke down VW Bristol said that out of a choice between the Bora 1.8t and a Golf R32 he would have the Bora.  For what it's worth you could chip the Bora to get the same power, and still have change

I drove a maes R32 when I had the cupra and wasn't impressed. I had 225bhp and the R32 has 240 (ish) The 4 motion 4wd system eats Hp like it's going out of fashion.

The car felt sluggish compared to the cupra but that was probably because it didn't have the turbo effect :winky:

The IS200 engine is flat as a pancake below 4,500 rpm, you need to keep it between there and the "red line" to get the best out of it.

The only time the IS is flat as a pancake, is when its in 1st gear, keep it out off 1st and the IS pulls as good as any car on the road, :D But it helps if you have a Turbo as well :P :winky:

as 2 guys in a Golf GTI looked like this > :blink: when i passed them on the A2 lastnight :lol:

if you think the IS is flat, get a Turbo droped in the IS....................it like haveing a NEW car :whistling:

The only time the IS is flat as a pancake, is when its in 1st gear, keep it out off 1st and the IS pulls as good as any car on the road, :D But it helps if you have a Turbo as well :P :winky:

as 2 guys in a Golf GTI looked like this > :blink: when i passed them on the A2 lastnight :lol:

if you think the IS is flat, get a Turbo droped in the IS....................it like haveing a NEW car :whistling:

Yeh, but how much is a turbo kit?

For £550 you can remap a Bora to 185-190BHP

few more stages later, you can be upto 240bhp.... for same prices a s/c....

I know which i would pick if i was looking for best performance.

Ok I'll bear that in mind and pull away from the lights in 2nd next time and see what happens sure it will get the 0 - 60 time down :driving:

Ok I'll bear that in mind and pull away from the lights in 2nd next time and see what happens sure it will get the 0 - 60 time down :driving:

:P you know what im saying .................in 1st the IS is s :tsktsk: t we all know that but once its in 2nd 3,4,5,6 its as good as most cars out there, like i said before it Helps if you have a Turbo IS :P

IS Turbo on a rolling start :whistling: is very quick................. :driving:

see the vid in GOLD off that IS300 in the US take on all them cars, all from a rolling start :winky: from stand still we all know the IS is ****, you have to get it into 2nd very quick ;) then you would be ok................

but then an IS300T would urinte all over an IS200T so you can't really compare that car to an IS200, last time I looked a load of IS300's in the US were running 10/11 secs (probably under now) for the 1/4 mile so from a standing start that sounds good to me

just reading about one and it apparently has a 0-60 of under 2.8 secs :question:

but then an IS300T would urinte all over an IS200T so you can't really compare that car to an IS200, last time I looked a load of IS300's in the US were running 10/11 secs (probably under now) for the 1/4 mile so from a standing start that sounds good to me

just reading about one and it apparently has a 0-60 of under 2.8 secs :question:

yes i no a IS300T would pee over an IS200T but thats not the point i was trying to make ;)

Wow, can the std. chassis cope with that? Unless they have 'monster' type reinforcements....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links