Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parrot Ck3300 And Is200 Speakers

hugochb

There are several posts for wiring carphone kits to the IS200, but is sounds like it's not possible to wire them to use the car's own speakers. Anyone know if a car-kit like the Parrot CK3300 (that doesn't have it's own speaker) can be used with a IS200 Sport (2000)?

Firstly, hello .......... and welcome to LOC.

You can get the AUX in convertor sold by Pro-Lex (www.prolex-uk.com)

and this will do exactly what you want ............ and more ....... (plug in an ipod etc)

----> Over to you Dave

Sorry I can't give the price as it is Prolex. I'm just the techy bod.

Prolex have the standard (just audio in) ready to ship. Combo's (Audio in plus telephone) will be ready next week.

Hey thanks for the info. I've heard from car-kit fitters that if the stereo is amplified, which I think the SE & Sport versions are, then it's not possible to use the car speakers with a car-kit, even if using an AUX in converter. Anyone here managed to get it working with an SE or Sport?

Hey thanks for the info. I've heard from car-kit fitters that if the stereo is amplified, which I think the SE & Sport versions are, then it's not possible to use the car speakers with a car-kit, even if using an AUX in converter. Anyone here managed to get it working with an SE or Sport?

Anees has it working in his se :D

That is what Autoleads told me when I enquired.

However - Autoleads don't have an Uncle Geoff who does leccy witchcraft.

It is possible (as the Aux-In unit proves) - It is just a matter of connecting to the right place - the amp is just an in-line thing. It just means that telephone conversations can be really loud :winky:

Works perfectly on SE and Sport. You can even use the volume control on the headunit to control the AUX/phone volume.

Without sounding disrespectful, fitters (not all) fit within a certain criteria. Outside of that and they tend to say it can't be done. That's the difference between a fitter and an engineer. You just need to make the amp think that the car kit is the headunit.

If you think about it, what the fitters have said is a bit contradictory.

" it's not possible to use the car speakers with a car-kit, even if using an AUX in converter"

A car kit IS an aux device !

The kit installed in my Car:

Works great (most of the time) and works through the Prolex UK AUX-IN connector :shifty:

Would like to point out that it's the Parrot that works most of the time.

The Prolex bit is ok !!

Anees - can you confirm this? Not had any reports back from other test ones, and you've not mentioned anything to me?

The Parrot guide says you can wire the kit to the speakers on the output side of the amp (for the Sport and SE), is that how you have done it without the Prolex box Geoffers ?

Cheers,

ScifiPaul

I haven't done it without the Prolex box mate - these are with it.

To do it that way, you'd need a relay to switch the speaker you are using out or the amp/Parrot will feed into each other and start a fight.

The kit installed in my Car:

Works great (most of the time) and works through the Prolex UK AUX-IN connector :shifty:

Would like to point out that it's the Parrot that works most of the time.

The Prolex bit is ok !!

Anees - can you confirm this? Not had any reports back from other test ones, and you've not mentioned anything to me?

Yes... the Parrot has once not worked properly. I had to disconnect it and reconnect it again. The AUX-IN has been flawless. :D

(Geoff.. you can JaffaPal me my fiver later :whistling: :P )

Success ! With the help of all the members posts on wiring the radio, removing the radio and where the mute wire is, I have managed to install my Parrot CK3100 kit today using the old Nokia CARK external speaker.

I can confirm that the blue lead (number 4 as previously mentioned) is the mute and that the silver wire is the switched 12V from the ignition.

Otherwise just some fiddly soldering crammed in the wheel well. Did no damage to the loom so that I can save up for the Prolex AUX kit later.

I fitted the head unit to the tray above the centre console so it only required one hole for the lead and the bracket covers that.

I have a picture but can't work out how to attach it here :(

Cheers,

ScifiPaul :geek:

Funny you should mention that - only this weekend I took out the antenna as I want to mount the unit on the ceiling by the centre light. I'll be mounting the antenna further down by the window. (Just behind the shaded area). Pity the first version didn't have external antenna. Might do an article on this when it's done - saves having to uplug it everywhere I go.

Sorry :offtopic:

I'll give you a shout when I'm down your way (Should be this week sometime) so you can hear what one is like.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links