Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rs200 Rear End Noise.

bledd1

Can anyone help ?

I have a 2000 Altezza RS200 with 28K and am getting a very noticeable squeek/rumble from the back end. It seems worse and more noticeable at slow speeds. If you push the back of the car down sometimes you can recreate it. Have greased and oiled everything which may have lessened it for a while but it comes back with avengence.

I know there was another very similar thread a few months ago but it was a little inconclusive. It may have been the rear spring/damper mounting bush, which I will remove and inspect.

Has anyone had similar experience or got any ideas. Any help very gratefully received !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Could be several things.

Worn out shock absorber (highly unlikely with your mileage)

Handbrake sticking, might require small adjustment

worn out bushes

worn our wheel bearings

either way take it to garage shouldn't be too hard to locate.

Its not common unless of course you have coilovers without the rubber top mounts.... even then, i don't get it :P

Think the thread was mine on the coilovers.

I traced it to the top mount "creaking" against the car body, it is exactly as you describe, you can get the noise just bouncing the back up and down.

I ended up running some 3 in 1 around the top of the strut, between the strut and body from inside the boot and the noise has now gone. Worth a try I would say.

Think the thread was mine on the coilovers.

I traced it to the top mount "creaking" against the car body, it is exactly as you describe, you can get the noise just bouncing the back up and down.

I ended up running some 3 in 1 around the top of the strut, between the strut and body from inside the boot and the noise has now gone. Worth a try I would say.

Many thanks gents, most appreciated.

I don't have coilovers yet.

Mac do you mean the top of the coil/damper mount in the boot. How did you get the oil in there, did you take the mounting nuts off in the boot ?

When you say strut, excuse my ignorance but what exactly do you mean ?

Mac do you mean the top of the coil/damper mount in the boot. How did you get the oil in there, did you take the mounting nuts off in the boot ?

When you say strut, excuse my ignorance but what exactly do you mean ?

Yup thats what I mean. There is a hole through the body where the top mount comes through into the boot. I just ran the oil around the gap between the top mount and the hole, didn't slacken the nuts off.

When I say strut I mean the whole assembly, damper, spring, top mount etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I have just found the cause of my rear end squeek it is both rear shocks.

Just before they took me away in a jacket !!

I want to re fit standard shocks to the tezza, can I use standard is200 parts or are the RS200 special ?

Thanks !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links