Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Picture of new LS460 in Auto Express is a severe photoshop job and hardly does the new car justice.

New LS460 looks similar to new IS. Overall concept and shape is almost identical but with shades of GS in the front bumper and lower sills. There will be an an a more powerful V-8 and an LS600h version. The first time Lexus' Hybrid drive system has been mated to a V-8.

Best news of all is starting price of under £50,000. This car is going to look gorgeous. Stylish, futuristic and sleek. It is really going to show Mercedes-Benz and Audi the way home. Forget hype and hope, we won't have long to wait until we see it in the flesh. It will be released at the Tokyo Motorshow in a matter of days.

From the EuroLOC forum:

post-1034-1128682286_thumb.jpg

It's from Auto Bild, the german version of Autoexpress

Guess it's a guessjob by their photoshop guy. Some 7-series profile in it, some IS.

RX-Men-8

I believe that this is the concept version of the new LS due to be shown at Tokyo show. Not bad at all IMHO. The lower front bumper looks a bit weird, but overall it looks clean and elegant - with definite shades of IS and GS. I particularly like the light treatment at the front. Whatever, it is orginal with a sophisticated and futuristic style. Which is more than can be said for the new S-Class. With each new model, Lexus seems to be pushing the bar higher. I hope they succeed in knocking the Germans off their perch, if only for the same reason that it became boring when M. Schumacher won every F1 race!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, was looking in a copy of Auto Express today, and they have a few photo's of ther new LS, what a smart looking motor :) , did a LOC site search, has it not been talked about much yet ?...sorry if i'm not upto speed :P :winky: .

From looking at the pics ............ I can see that they are going down the simlar route as they did with the Mercedes S class.

From a more 'boxy' look to a more ...... what's the word ? sophisticated? ..... curvy .... you know what I mean !

Hello Bob ! ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links