Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sky & Moving...

Dave-Ellen

OK,

moving on wednesday...........keeeping same phone number.......

house has sky and are leavng the dish .............

I dont think I need to tell them (and pay them for moving) as my set box comes with me....

Am I right ?

Will drop em a line when the deeds done....

OK,

moving on wednesday...........keeeping same phone number.......

house has sky and are leavng the dish .............

I dont think I need to tell them (and pay them for moving) as my set box comes with me....

Am I right ?

Will drop em a line when the deeds done....

You are indeed correct.

We moved in April - left the dish at the old house. If you have a dish at the new house then just plug and play (still need to phone them for address etc)

We didn't have a dish at the new house - think it was £30 or around that mark for the installation of a new dish.

cancel it !

then re apply to them for the new house, nice new box and dish that way !

When i moved house i cancel sky, when tryed to get at new house, sky wanting full price for install :angry: so got in Mrs H name :D got install for £1 :D but yes nice new box and dish :D

as an ex sky fitter, dont what ever you do tell them before you move other wise you will get billed automatically for a fitter to come out and fit a dish or not, i used to love them jobs, takes 10 mins, to plug into a cable thats already there and i fully aggree with the cancel it plan, change contract to your spouses name get a new dish and box(this would be the ideal time to upgrade to plus, as new customers get a great deal) and flog your old box on e-bay

as an ex sky fitter, dont what ever you do tell them before you move other wise you will get billed automatically for a fitter to come out and fit a dish or not, i used to love them jobs, takes 10 mins,  to plug into a cable thats already there and i fully aggree with the cancel it plan, change contract to your spouses name get a new dish and box(this would be the ideal time to upgrade to plus, as new customers get a great deal) and flog your old box on e-bay

mmmmmmmmm

got me thinking now

i dont know what the deal is now but before i left the uk in aug, sky were doing + for 99 quid for new customers, its a great deal and if you get a few quid for old box, its not that expensive, plus for workaholics it can be programmed to record all your favorites, i would given an option but as an existing customer your are screwed to the wall in price it was 199 plus 80 quid instalation when i left which is a bit steep

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links