Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Limiter Removal

capitao

Hi and Welcome to the LOC.

My car was delimited before i bought it so sorry dont know how tricky it is to fit.

But looks like you need to buy the right one for your car,2 types one for a auto other for manual.

http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=1926

Maybe someone else might have more info for you....you could also try posting your question on the US site...heres the link.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/

Cheers chips.

Although there is a way to remove the top speed limiter, its very crude because it fools all the dependant electronics in the car - cruise control and gearbox included.

For example the gearbox will shift down to redline in 3rd gear when you kickdown a high speed in 4th. Not ideal at all.

Its being worked on at the moment as I want a proper way of de-limiting mine.

Regards,

Gaz.

Although there is a way to remove the top speed limiter, its very crude because it fools all the dependant electronics in the car - cruise control and gearbox included.

For example the gearbox will shift down to redline in 3rd gear when you kickdown a high speed in 4th. Not ideal at all.

Its being worked on at the moment as I want a proper way of de-limiting mine.

Regards,

Gaz.

Gaz,

Will you be offering a range of Aristo parts, I will be interested in destricters, decat pipes when I take the plunge next year

GavinL

What about the mk1 aristo gaz? Mine has been converted to manual I don't suppose it would have been de-limited at the same time?. I also take it that its not the same thor delimiter from the supra?

You will not have any probs, because you have a manual and the MKI you can do without issue anyway :)

Yep, the Thor unit will work. Give Pete a call...

Gaz.

What about the mk1 aristo gaz? Mine has been converted to manual I don't suppose it would have been de-limited at the same time?. I also take it that its not the same thor delimiter from the supra?

You will not have any probs, because you have a manual and the MKI you can do without issue anyway :)

Yep, the Thor unit will work. Give Pete a call...

Gaz.

Ah cool thats only like £70.

I asked Jurgen to talk to you about fitting me one when the car comes into you for its MOT. Also I would like the cambelt doing as I have no history of when that was done last.

Ah cool thats only like £70.

I asked Jurgen to talk to you about fitting me one when the car comes into you for its MOT. Also I would like the cambelt doing as I have no history of when that was done last.

No probs, looking forward to seeing the manual conversion :)

Regards,

Gaz.

• 1 month later...

The cruise control on the Mk1 V300 I'm getting doesn't work and it has been delimited. Should I assume that the latter caused the former? If so what, if anything can I do about it without spending a fortune, as I do a lot of Aroad/motorway journeys and don't want to be done speeding.

Thanks

Liam

The cruise control on the Mk1 V300 I'm getting doesn't work and it has been delimited. Should I assume that the latter caused the former? If so what, if anything can I do about it without spending a fortune, as I do a lot of Aroad/motorway journeys and don't want to be done speeding.

ThanksB

Liam

BigLT, i have the same problem on mines after converting to miles. my cruise stopped working and my milometer doesn't work as well. i have plans of getting it sorted in bristol will have to get new chip 160ish +vat fitted.

I didn't notice the milometer not working. I was more interested in the speedo as I was test driving it!!! I'll check.

Is this fix a relay, or chip or what?

thanks

Liam

let me know if yours is working. from what i understand its a chip and the price also includes changing the reading into miles with a cetificate. they did the same thing on mitul's car (skeek94)mk2 v300.

Will do. I might even get my car today depending on reg plates.

I see you're not getting much sleep either - young kids or lots of work? I'm struggling with both!! Please don't say 'lots of beer' as I feel like I haven't visited a pub for years.

Liam

Will do. I might even get my car today depending on reg plates.

I see you're not getting much sleep either - young kids or lots of work? I'm struggling with both!!

Liam

am getting both as well.

Gaz,

I would definitely be interested in delimiting my 155mph top speed. Keep us informed about how you get along :).

where in Uk can you drive at that speed? (And who does your tracking so you're steady?) And as for erratic road surfaces....... :crybaby::driving:

Chris,

don't be such a grown up. I value my license so don't drive fast on the road, I would always chose acceleration and handling over top speed anyway, but the child in me still wants to say 'it can do 200mph' etc. I freely admit I'm a big kid, but I don't drive like one. To be honest we would probably all be better off with one litre ford Kas (apologies to anyone who's got one!) and tuning a car makes very little sense, financial or otherwise.

Have fun

Liam

Gaz,

I would definitely be interested in delimiting my 155mph top speed. Keep us informed about how you get along :).

where in Uk can you drive at that speed? (And who does your tracking so you're steady?) And as for erratic road surfaces....... :crybaby::driving:

On a old abandoned (read: not in service) RAF runway and tracking was last done by Wheels In Motion in Watford (STS), previous to that Goodwin Tires in Ilford, Essex. I'm more into handling and acceleration but as Liam pointed out, you wouldn't buy a car of this sort unless you wanted a bit of fun and some luxury. Everybody has a little kid in em.

Tempo, where in Bristol are you having this done? Do you have a phone number? I haven't picked the car up yet and might want to renegotiate the deal if its going to cost £200 to sort this!

thanks

Liam

name of place is protech in bristol they have a website. check on web if it fails i will dig out the details

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links