Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 & Paint Protection System

Hi guys,

I've put in my order for a totally black version and would like advice on the supraguard option offered by the dealers.

Lexus Supraguard (£300-350)

- External paint protection (with after care kit) - alleged to reduce paint chips and not require much polishing

- Internal paint protection and reduction of glare form plastics

- Key insurance (up to £1000) in event of loss

External paint protection

Initially, I wanted to go for the supraguard option but having used zymol products for years, have heard various reviews that there might be eventual problems in wax application/cleansing.

If anyoen has had previosu experience using the full supraguard application, be much appreciated!

Or even better getting the 3M paint protection film fitted.

My car is in for a re-spray again at the beginning of November, I plan on getting the 3M film fitted after that to prevent further paint chips on the bonnet etc.

Or even better getting the 3M paint protection film fitted.

My car is in for a re-spray again at the beginning of November, I plan on getting the 3M film fitted after that to prevent further paint chips on the bonnet etc.

this would be my recommendation - i have had it fitted for nearly 5 years and i have only had one stone chip on the bonnet - top stuff, but i seriously get it fitted rather than doing it yourself, as it can be a real pain in the arse

an example: http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=268276

Thanks for the reply guys, not sure about the 3M stuff (looks plasticky close up) I suppose I could opt for multiple coats of Z2 or diamond brite? I would like to keep the car religously waxed each weekend seeing as the london area is full of pollutants (one rain shower and most of the wax effort looks like runny white water stains, even with supra guard

Anyone else having plans for their IS250?

Or are we hoping the water emulsion system is up to scratch?

Thanks for the reply guys, not sure about the 3M stuff (looks plasticky close up) I suppose I could opt for multiple coats of Z2 or diamond brite? I would like to keep the car religously waxed  each weekend seeing as the london area is full of pollutants (one rain shower and most of the wax effort looks like runny white water stains, even with supra guard

Anyone else having plans for their IS250?

Or are we hoping the water emulsion system is up to scratch?

it looks like that because it is plastic, but TBH u cant really see it unless u are looking directly above it and quite close - and that was i did it for the very first time, pro's will do it far better.

to sound really insane, I guess one has three options when buying a new car

1/ Go with the dealership - supraguard it and (hope your waxes are applicable on top of it). Does anyoen (delaer/user) have had prolonged experience of using supraguard as an initial protector on the forum?

2/ 3m seal the front (do you knwo any mobile services or any in and aroudn london?)

3/ Spend the first few days - after deliver of car sealing, waxing and protecting the car

Supaguard doesn't cut down stone chips. It does make it look nice for a while and easy to clean. In my opinion not worth it if you are used to using qood qulaity cleaning products. Supaguard on the wheels is no big deal again you can use Alloy Wheel Wax - just as good. Supagurd on the inside is a dust magnet so don't go there.

There's a company in Carshalton that do the 3M stuff. I emailed them for a quote, but they wanted me to bring the car down in person... sounds a bit iffy to me, so I have left it for now..

Let me know if you get any quotes out of the other guys for the 3M stuff.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links