Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Selling Shares

Mark D

Hello people,

I was in a share save scheme with Nortel Networks, who I worked for a few years ago.

When I left they gave me a certificate for the shares I had accumulated - does any one know what the best way would be to convert this in to money?

Ta,

Mark

Hello people,

I was in a share save scheme with Nortel Networks, who I worked for a few years ago.

When I left they gave me a certificate for the shares I had accumulated - does any one know what the best way would be to convert this in to money?

Ta,

Mark

I have used banks for share dealing and found them to be very expensive at times. Depending on the value of the shares you have and how quickly you need the cash it can sometimes be better to open an internet dealing account with someone like iii.co.uk using your share certificate as a starter. Once its set up you can then buy or sell any or all of them or even buy other shares to add to your portfolio. Funds from transactions will be credited to your nominated bank account. I'ts pretty painless and quite a lot of fun.

Depending on the worth of the shares make sure you get a quote before you agree to sell them, also if you have a minimum price you wil accept per share ( based on current value ) provide this within your instructions to sell.

Thank you every one for your advice - I'll go check out a few of the ideas.

The value at present is only about £600, not a fortune, but I wouldn't mind having the ability to use the money in case I need it ( buying a new house at the minute)

I beleive you will be taxed on anything you cash in. I have some shares with a company I used to work for and had the option of taking them out or leaving them be.

I left them because I was going to get taxed on any cash I was due. Can you not just write to the holding company and tell them you want the value in cash?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links