Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

S/c Install Hints And Tips

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be prepared!!!

The instuctions dont realy let you in for what your going to install.

need:

Very high quality tool kit, preferably with several sizes of ratchets in there, so that you can have a very small ratchet for tight areas and a large one for torque.

Also when removing the stud from the throttle body, you need to take the nut off, spin it on upside down, put another nut on top and lock them together so that you can remove the stud without problems.

Lots of thread lock compound!!

A drill for mounting the intercooler.

Car ramps, so that you have a steady platform to work under the car with.

hacksaw etc to remove unwanted areas from origional undertray.

as i think of more i will put it up

Be prepared!!!

The instuctions dont realy let you in for what your going to install.

need:

Very high quality tool kit, preferably with several sizes of ratchets in there, so that you can have a very small ratchet for tight areas and a large one for torque.

Also when removing the stud from the throttle body, you need to take the nut off, spin it on upside down, put another nut on top and lock them together so that you can remove the stud without problems.

Lots of thread lock compound!!

A drill for mounting the intercooler.

Car ramps, so that you have a steady platform to work under the car with.

hacksaw etc to remove unwanted areas from origional undertray.

as i think of more i will put it up

cheers, i've had a scan through the instructions, and it seems simple..... i thought something might be missing though! I have quite an extensive toolkit, and i'll be getting my mate to bring over his as well!

It's the little bits i need to remember about, ie, drill bit size, primer if drilling into the chassis, threadlock like you mentioned...

I'm looking forward to seeing your face when it's all done mate, you need to get your mate to get some video of you the first time you took it out, Mr Shipley saw me the first time I drove it as I was with Chris and then I called Zee and I think they'll both agree that I was hyperactive when it was all fitted :D

just take your time realy, dont rush.

the only problems you will encounter is making sure you use the right bolt in the right place.

Plus when you mount the cradle in the engine bay you will find it difficult to get all of the bolts needed to tighten it in and threaded, make sure you get each one in 3 turns and not fully tight, as if you tighten one in then it will stop the rest aligning (if you know what i mean)

Think Steve at Charlesworth does it for a few hundred quid, and he's done loads now!

Taking mine up there today to have everything put back to standard :crying:

No more big pimping for me :lol:

But it will be good to be incognito nowadays :)

depends realy! i have now fitted 3 superchargers along with removing my one and refitting it 3 more times!

Can get it done in about 6/8 hrs.

I am based in kent about 30 mins from the dartford tunnel...

The more and more I think about one of these TTE s/c the more I want one, but im impatient, if I buy one I don't want to muck about myself and want it fitting by someone with experience and someone who can do it efficiently. :blush:

So looking at what ................£300 for fitting? :duh:

fit it urself, im sure ppl on here will be willing to help.

cheaper to provide some food and drinks than it is to get it fitted.

loads of people on here have now fitted them

Whilstim fairly ok mechanically, Im a salesman.... :crybaby: and getting my pinkies dirty is not the norm..... :lol:

Although sounds like a good idea to get a small gathering and provide refreshments etc. Its just he ramps that Id struggle with?

bring it down here, i have a little workshop i can fit it in for you

but that'll cost me money, and i'm kinda skintola now. :(

This month i've bought a s/c and new kingsize bed, and paid £300 towards my skiing holiday, and i'm moving in a months time, all before xmas.... :crybaby:

bring it down here, i have a little workshop i can fit it in for you

I think that Mat is making you an offer you can't refuse :ph34r:

if thats the case then i'll be down like a shot! beats installing it on my driveway! :D

side note here and slightly :offtopic:

can the supercharger be disconnected in anyway? ie, remove a belt and your back to standard power? or is it slightly more involved than that?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links