Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eng Light + Flashig Trc Light

GALLA_4

when i had thios problem with the monster many many years ago when it was supercharged, the issues, i had was melted pre cats, and failed main cat

The prcats would hardly have melted after less then a week would they :o

well they went on my car after 10,000 miles...from new, all the cats that is!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys why would the OBDII port have given the P1128 Throttle Motor Lock Malfunction error?

Would the car just have interpretted the the failure of the Piggy back ECU as being a throttle problem?

I have checked the cables and mechanisms and the all look fine.

Owen,

These symptoms are exactly the same as I have experienced. See thread here.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...id=269509&st=64

Better keep your wire clippers and a piece of wire with clamps handy if you dont want to be stuck somewhere with the engine dying again and again after starting.

(Cut out black ECU extension, and reconnect the 2 loose ends, unhook the s/c bypass cable).

Hope you get it sorted,

RX-Men-8

Guys why would the OBDII port have given the P1128 Throttle Motor Lock Malfunction error?

Would the car just have interpretted the the failure of the Piggy back ECU as being a throttle problem?

its possible you have damaged the electro/mechanical throttle motor, when fitting the cam for the by pass throttle/valve cable

the throttle body on the is200 has 2 motors fitted, one works the butterfly from idle, this is the one that is directly connected to the throttle cable cam, and what the bypass cable cam was bolted to, its possible if tduring fitting if the ignition was on, or the cable was fitted wrongly that undue pressure was forced on the motor and its struggling to operate freely.

its easy to teast, look at throttle body, get someone to rev up the car.....can you see the bypass cam operating independantly to the throttle cam

its possible you have damaged the electro/mechanical throttle motor, when fitting the cam for the by pass throttle/valve cable

the throttle body on the is200 has 2 motors fitted, one works the butterfly from idle, this is the one that is directly connected to the throttle cable cam, and what the bypass cable cam was bolted to, its possible if tduring fitting if the ignition was on, or the cable was fitted wrongly that undue pressure was forced on the motor and its struggling to operate freely.

its easy to teast, look at throttle body, get someone to rev up the car.....can you see the bypass cam operating independantly to the throttle cam

We were very carful during the install Matt! But I will take a look tomorrow. Its scary though how similar RX-Men-8's symptons were and mine are now!! He basically emailed me an almost like for like scenario he had!

Are you sure the ECU is 100% wired-up right ?

It was Cris Mcgee (TheDon) who wired it up. He has done quiet a few installs now so I am happy that the ECU is wired correctly. The thing is Gord is was working perfectly up until yesterday.

we followed the diagram as supplied with the TTE instructions, the only thing i could find different with the S model was that there was a plug missing (possible extras with se + sport??) but there were no connections to be made here).

Owen, if you can get access to a multi meter then why not test for the voltage that is specified in the manual on the last page i think. 4.x volts i think. That way you can see if it is running propperly.

Admittedly this is the 1st "S" model done so far, but the ECU was exactly the same as all the others but only difference was one plug missing.

It was Cris Mcgee (TheDon) who wired it up. He has done quiet a few installs now so I am happy that the ECU is wired correctly. The thing is Gord is was working perfectly up until yesterday.

Dont think chris has done the ECU bit when he has done the installs ? i know when the one was done at JAE it was copyed from another car :duh:

The instructions are not that clear, as steve at charlesworth motors (who has fitted lots, including chris's) has had lots of call when people fitting there own chargers asking about the ECU bit, did the green wire get cut ? or was it just joined to it ? (it has to be cut)

I will take a picture later on!

Owen we are at charlesworth motors sat (mini meet)+ fitting of coilovers and some other stuff, if you would like to ring and talk to steve, im sure he can help you out, even if its just to D/check that everything is 100% right with the ECU.

the number to ring (01457864416) :D

Hi Owen,

I've added some arrows in the pic from my own thread. Click on the pic to see it large.

ECU_Wiring.sized.jpg

It shows the situation after cutting out the ECU extension. The Black ECU Extension with the black, red, green and yellow wire can be seen at the left bottom side.

Only the green/red wire should be cut at the install. The red wire connected (spliced onto) to where (+) is marked (onto red/black wire). The black to where (GND) is (onto white/black wire). The green and yellow wire connect to the ends of the green/red wire that was cut; the green wire to the connector side (left side) and the yellow to the loom side (right side)

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

When I got to the garage they said the last error code generated was

"Throttle Motor Lock Malfunction"

how many springs do u have on the bypass valve?? and what is the position of the nuts on the threaded adjuster for the bypass valve?

When I got to the garage they said the last error code generated was

"Throttle Motor Lock Malfunction"

how many springs do u have on the bypass valve?? and what is the position of the nuts on the threaded adjuster for the bypass valve?

Rob I will have to take you a picture as this whole SC is so new to me!

Dont think chris has done the ECU bit when he has done the installs ? i know when the one was done at JAE it was copyed from another car :duh:

The instructions are not that clear, as steve at charlesworth motors (who has fitted lots, including chris's) has had lots of call when people fitting there own chargers asking about the ECU bit, did the green wire get cut ? or was it just joined to it ? (it has to be cut)

The wire was cut in the position that TTE specified and the same place that i cut the wire on RX8 mans car too.

i thought the TTE diagram was quite clear as its about pin location rather than wire colour.

there was 2 of us double and tripple checking that each wire was in the right position as we soldered and cut it.

We followed it to the letter.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links