Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyre Wear

6Speed

Just noticed today that the inside edges of my front tyres are scrubbed. Can anyone recommend anywhere in Lincs to get the alignment done as Ive read this can be a pain to get sorted (properly). :unsure:

Sorry - can't help regarding alignment, but it may well be the bottom ball joints that need replacing. Same thing happened to me & despite passing an MOT it was found that they were well worn. Buy them from Lexus (about £50) & get them fitted elsewhere. Easy job that cost me £50 with a local guy. Lexus wanted £300 to fit them! :blink:

I had the same problem; you need to fit some new ball joints and get a full geometery done. I now have no uneven tyre wear.

Got my geometry done by Paul at Drury Lane Service Centre (Oldham), he's a nice fella, not too far from you.

I have just checked my ball joints and I have some up and down movement in both joints, the near side is the worst. I have also noticed that on the near side the wheel has been catching the lower suspension arm on full left lock as it has polished it. Is this also related to the ball joints being worn?

I have just checked my ball joints and I have some up and down movement in both joints, the near side is the worst. I have also noticed that on the near side the wheel has been catching the lower suspension arm on full left lock as it has polished it. Is this also related to the ball joints being worn?

The joints and the poor geometry will put the wheels anywhere... need to get it sorted mate.... Drury Lane are well recommended

I had the same problem; you need to fit some new ball joints and get a full geometery done.  I now have no uneven tyre wear.

Got my geometry done by Paul at Drury Lane Service Centre (Oldham), he's a nice fella, not too far from you.

just had 2 front tyres fitted looking to go to oldham to get mine done

is there discount for gold members

I had the same problem; you need to fit some new ball joints and get a full geometery done.  I now have no uneven tyre wear.

'YES'

'YES'

is it the same as yours

'Near to'... exact prices now i'm not sure since Paul has updated the machine.

But he has a special interest in LOC and is the pinnacle on my site purely because of the 'implanted' previous concern for customer care.... since Drury Lane is an independent they can offer even more than me... hence the # 1 spot.

'Near to'... exact prices now i'm not sure since Paul has updated the machine.

But he has a special interest in LOC and is the pinnacle on my site purely because of the 'implanted' previous concern for customer care.... since Drury Lane is an independent they can offer even more than me... hence the # 1 spot.

May give them a call in the morning or pop them a email

cheers

just had two tyres fitted so going to get it done

Hi Guys i have just cheked my tyres and they are more worn on the inside edge too.

how do i check if the the ball joints are ok? can i just slide under the car myself?

If the tyres are worn on the insides, then your ball jonits need definately replacing.

Have you tried to jack the car up and check for 'play' in the ball joints?

Hi guy's, i too have the same problem by where my front tyres are worn on the inside...i have tried to get the allignment done but was told that my Track rod ends need replaceing...

does anyone know the difference between

A:Track rod ends

B: Bottom ball joints

or are they the same thing as i'm not sure how which ones to replace?

ta muchly

:blink: Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links