Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Any Skyline / Supra Drivers Out There?

IS300KK

Just wondering whether anyone here owns or has owned a Supra or Skyline? Prices for these are coming down significantly, and I'm toying with the idea of buying something a bit quicker than my IS, but which I wouldn't worry too much about leaving in a car park - ie paint chips etc - because it's an older car to start with.

Cheers

Amanda

Not yet but i'm thinking of getting a skyline in the new year as the prices are very low at the moment (down to selling my car).

My mate has a Supra, excellent car very fast but no room in them at all and they are huge.

You'll still have the car park problem with whatever car you buy. Maybe more so with a Skyline or Supra because of its supercar status.

How much quicker would the Supra be than an IS300? What is the BHP? I didn't realise they were small inside as it seems a sizeable car.

I've seen a few Supras around here recently, and they look really good. I've also encountered a Skyline that blows everything else away, no point in even trying to keep up, it's a very fast car! I imagine they're quite expensive to run though.

Supra 2JZ-GTE twin turbo is around 320 bhp standard. Can take that up to 450bhp very easily for about a grand. Ideally go for UK spec as it has the larger brakes also.

They are very big cars but not alot of leg room in the front. The back seats are more for show as you cant really fit 1 person in the back.

How much quicker would the Supra be than an IS300? What is the BHP? I didn't realise they were small inside as it seems a sizeable car.

An IS300 auto does 0-60mph in 8.2seconds and a UK Supra TT auto in 5.4seconds. Get a manual one and 0-60 in 4.9seconds. UK spec is 326bhp.

Very difficult to get a UK spec one these days, very very difficult to get a manual one.

Hello.

Long time since I've posted, but exobex sent the thread to me, so thought I'd add my views.

I currently have an R32 Skyline Gtr and they are extremely rapid. Mine has been modified, but even in standard trim they go very well.

The handling takes a while to get used to, as they tend to corner better than you'd expect. They are very thirsty animals tho! and I regularly see single figures in my fuel economy if driven hard. But you will see low 20's if driven sensibly.

I've owned a few Supra's and they are a different beast to the Skyline, personally I prefer the look of the Supra, but that's just my opinion. What I like about the Skyline, is the driving experience, it just feels more composed. (again my opinion)and the fact that you don't see many of them about, as compared to the Supra. (around my neck of the woods anyway!)

You are quite right about the prices (unfortunately for me!) thay are dropping quite a bit these days, but as always, beware of thrashed examples.

Hope this helps? and if you need any more info, let me or exobex know.

Regards,

Ade.

What do ya wanna know about supras? I currently own one which I am selling but have owned a couple now for nearly 4 years. I previously had a normally aspirated aerotop supra which I put nitrous on before I sold it and purchased a Twin turbo aerotop with the basic power upgrades and a little bit more. Basic power upgrades ie the grands worth will get you approximately 400 bhp ish to get more than that you will need some more supporting modifactions. Its true the ***** is completely falling out of the supra market especially the turbo models with the N/A's often selling for very similar money now. Its not exactly faring well in the skyline world either. A mate recently sold his sparkling R33 GTR with plenty of mods for about £9.5k which is incredible as you cannot even import one for that money. UK models are always reccomended but be aware that low milers are virtually impossible to find and the jap models like mine often have the majority of the UK spec items such as the brakes and aftermarket leather jobs like mine has. Stereo's these days in most cars aren't the factory fit items either. Headlamp washers are an aquired taste and the turbo's on the J-specs longevity is hanging on in there along with UK cars of the same age. Massively modded supra's are also coming in at very low money for what they are. A big single car recently came up for sale for about £20k which when you think has over 600BHP a total down to shell respray full custom leather interior retrim, and total new ice system, and all new suspension so pretty much a new car with kind of power.

Wow, lots of information, thanks guys!!

Both cars sound like good fun, I guess it comes down to personal preference in the end. Didn't realise the 0-60 times were quite so quick :driving: No wonder the Skyline I occasionally see round here disappears off into the distance with so little effort!!!

Thanks again, you've given me something to think about

Amanda

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links