Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Track Attack 2006 (sponsored By Prolex Uk)

Steve

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what the dB limit is?

depending on the event.....usually upto 105dB

How do they test the level? I have a sound meter but need to know how they make the test

QUOTE(sorted avensis @ Nov 21 2005, 10:29 PM)

QUOTE(Bazza @ Nov 21 2005, 10:11 PM)

mmm.....98 db

how loud is that

perhaps ken could advise me

Last year only 3 cars broke the db limit Barry, 1 supra which was that very loud black one (Paul Whiffin's) but that was only due to him drifting at the bottom end where the db level meter is situated, 1 MR2 running nearly 2 bar with a screamer and 1 IS200 that i only found out about the day afterward

Apparently mine is very quite and you heard that on the RR day mate

cool, just a bit worried as the starlet isnt the exactly quiet

so which IS was noisy

:D

cool, just a bit worried as the starlet isnt the exactly quiet  :lol:

so which IS was noisy  :ohmy:

Oh bugger, that starlet is well noisy mate best bring the IS :shifty::lol:

TBH i don't know about what IS was to noisy but the moment it went out on track the organiser got a phone call from the owner who live's onsite saying WTF is that, he replied a supercharged IS200 and was told to get it off track asap, he then said what all of them so the owner asked how many their was and Pat said about 15 and he put the phone down on him :lol::lol::lol:

might have been :blush:

How do they test the level? I have a sound meter but need to know how they make the test

You need to know what distance the SPL (sound pressure level) is measured at. If you double the distance the SPL will drop by 3dB, so 98dB @ 1m will drop to 95dB at 2m, 92dB at 4m etc.

To give an idea of how loud that is, 90dB(A) is the level at which you must wear ear defenders at work under the Noise at Work regs. As a guide when you have to shout to have a conversation with someone close by.

• 2 weeks later...

So does anyone know if there will be a mobile tyre fiter onsite?

Also whats everyone doing for insurance, never been to one of these before so not sure the route I should take. Do companys over a single day cover for track use? don't think it would be a good idea to tell my current insurance company as they will hike my premium up if they know i'll be using it on a track.

not sure on insurance.. the track has plenty of run offs and is hard to hit anything apart from grass. Safe place to start

Myself i doubt i would get insurance purely because its quite safe place... but thats me.. if it makes you feel better then get track day insuarance.

I think i might come along to this as well guys! If you don't mind a young'un coming along :lol:

Havn't done a track day before and i don't think i have the cash for nurburgring :crybaby: And im sure i will be the slowest IS on track, what with it not being a tezza or being supercharged but im sure its worth it anyway.

........Just one thing, if i do come along will you promise to keep you hands off my misses bazza! :lol::lol::lol:

Jason :D

Can anyone tell me if there's any spaces left ?

also is it pos just to pay for 1/4 miles and not go on the track it's self ?

or do you have to pay for the hole thing ?

it's just I'm still thinking about the Nurburgring just can't do both bit close together not enough funds for both

Can anyone tell me if there's any spaces left ?

also is it pos just to pay for 1/4 miles and not go on the track it's self ?

or do you have to pay for the hole thing ?

it's just I'm still thinking about the Nurburgring just can't do both bit close together not enough funds for both

yes

yes

no

stop thinking just do it.......you know you want to :D

Dont think to long as all the places will go :o

This was one off the best meets last year, Track fun all day long.....Thats right all day!! not just 15 or 20 mins like most places, this is all DAY! :D Is your fast or slow its all good fun :winky:

I say get your name down before its to late :D

Important Please Read Folks

We are taking payment for this meet. If you have not paid yet and want to guarantee your track spot then please see the following link

Payment details and those who have Paid List

Click Here to see the Paid List Compiled on TOC.. also HOW TO PAY

Only payment can hold your spot now and we are asking those who are due to pay please pay ASAP

cheers!!

........Just one thing, if i do come along will you promise to keep you hands off my misses bazza! :lol::lol::lol:

Jason :D

darn thats what i was looking forward too :lol:

ok i promise, she will have agree to take a passenger ride with me though :)

steve

i heard a rumour that there will be prizes for the 1/4 miles :yawn:

Will be offering 5 Prizes

Fastest n/a IS200

Fastest forced induction IS200 or Altezza or IS300

Fastest Lexus

Fastest Toyota

Special mystery Prize for the slowest of the day :D

Dave if work dont start soon , there will be no point in haveing the Fastest Forced ind IS200 or IS300, as we will not be there :winky:

any info mate on when works going to start :D

Will be offering 5 Prizes

Fastest n/a IS200

Fastest forced induction IS200 or Altezza or IS300

Fastest Lexus

Fastest Toyota

Special mystery Prize for the slowest of the day :D

Dave if work dont start soon , there will be no point in haveing the Fastest Forced ind IS200 or IS300, as we will not be there :winky:

any info mate on when works going to start :D

very soon getting everything in order then its full steam ahead.....

think of the duck on the river...............lookspeaceful and as if its doing nothing.........yet underneath it legs are going like billyooooooooooo :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk