Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Men And Motors

I noticed there is a program on Men and Motors on sunday evening (17/11) at 9:30pm on buying a used IS200. No idea what its going to be like.

From my TV guide:

21:30 Used Car Heaven

Each week we assist a Men & Motors viewer in their search to buy a used car, with further contributions from The Car Doctor and our resident car trader. This is a must-see guide to buying a used car! This week, viewer Nazir Mira has the cash for a stylish family car and we drive a Merc C200 Kompressor and a Lexus IS200!

Sounds like a perfect excuse to watch Men & Motors.

Sound be interesting.

Yeah! Thanks for that Ricky, should be worth watching.

Don't really need an excuse to watch Men and Motors. There's always something to watch on that channel.

I noticed there is a program on Men and Motors on sunday evening (17/11) at 9:30pm on buying a used IS200. No idea what its going to be like.

Joanne Guest's guide to buying a car with your baps out?

Even more reason to watch it...

Damm right

The things I would do for Joanne Guest

Come to think of it, the things I would do TO Joanne Guest :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else watch this? The preview blurb was wrong as it wasn't an IS200 - it was actually a GS300! Featured a guy who was trading in his BMW 3 series and wanted something "similar" and was willing to pay between £10K and £20K (pretty wide margin)! So the options were (all used) a BMW318, a Mercedes Elegance (cant remember the model) and a Lexus GS300. I'd have thought that the IS series was more appropriate to line up against the BMW 3 series for a start.

Anyway, right of the bat the presenter showed his colours - when he expressed doubts about the Lexus "because of the badge"! I was flabergasted, but he went onto clarify that "You cant take the Toyota out of a Lexus"(A***hole!!) I'm sure he'd influenced the guy looking for a car anyway, and when they did the road test of the Lexus the guy said he liked it but it was too big for his taste. So why didn't they put an IS in instead of the GS?!! My temper was getting really bad by then and my wife was worried I was going to kick the TV in :nugget:

So why is it that motoring journalists all seem to have it in for Lexus? It seems rare that they give the cars credit, and yet it keeps winning awards by the people who actually drive them. Did anyone see the review of the SC430 in the Sunday Times driving supplement a couple of weeks ago. The reviewer absolutely tore it to shreds in a totally damning review. Bloody journalists!

OK I'll calm down now :blink:

Gareth

I've noticed the same thing many times. I can never understand why the IS200 gets bad reviews and the 3 seris good ones. Everytime I've looked at a 3 seris at the same price level as an IS200 it's got a cheap looking interior and every luxury is on the options list! (Well, you get a badge and wheels but that's about it!)

The last time I went into a BMW dealer the sales ***** wouldn't even talk to my wife and I. He just said that he didn't have any cars we could drive. It must have been because I was wearing jeans! My wife told him he'd just blown a sale and that we were off to the Lexus dealer!

That's the important thing customers look for though - a well made car that's good to drive, looks nice, has loads of kit included and a dealership that nothing is too much trouble for. That's the thing I like even more than my IS200 is the friendly Lexus Hadleigh dealership, they really do take the time to have a chat to you and their sevice is the best I've ever come across.

My boss owns a C class Merc and was stunned that my dealer picks up my car, services it, cleans it and returns it. His dealer won't pick the car up and won't even wash it!

I'll never understand why people don't leave these types of dealers in droves!

I don't think I've ever read a bad review of a Lexus - Any article I've read has always classed Lexus as a premium brand.

Let's face it, we're always going to have to put up with comments about it being a "Toyota in a posh frock". Just laugh them off - I do. People suddenly change their mind when the get in, hear it, and realise what it's got and what the Lexus ethos is all about!

As for the comment "You can't take the toyota out of the lexus" well, I'd rather have a toyota (any toyota) over a BMW 3 series any day - I just don't get the BMW thing? It's as common as a Vectra/Mondeo these days.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links