Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth In New Is

I have read some mixed views on what works and what does not. I am expecting my new car in 2006 with MM. I am also due a christmas present for once...

What I would like to know is which Make AND specific Models have been tested by owners and which give the greatest compatibility. I have heard that some Sony Ericson's work (Koshime), but which ones (i.e. specific model), and which Nokia's?

Eagerly waiting...

That's true, but to a fashion.

What I meant was that some phones will only allow basic calling functions, where as others will allow updating/downloading to the directory in the car, copying from SIM etc etc etc.

I would like to know which phone I should get (Santa to buy me) which will give me the lot.

The Sony Ericson P900, which is Bluetooth enabled does not work, and maybe it's the phone. Checkout the IS250 - Diary post, last page. Entry by "RDSTurbo"

Strange as SE were the first to start using Bluetooth technology. Although I think the Lexus RX has some Bluetooth issues and incompatible handsets. Best thing to do is contact Lexus for a full list of handsets that work.

I have just spoken to the dealership who are trying to track down some documentation...however it only shows which phones are compatible with headsets...not much use me thinks...

So if anyone has successfully used modern Bluetooth phones please add post with your experiences regards the new IS Multimedia Bluetooth compatibility - and more importantly state the actual model/make of phone.

I have an old Nokia 6310i which is my work phone, and I assume that will be OK, but my personal phone is from ancient egypt...

"Dear Santa... :crybaby: "

well - i have the latest both the S Erricson k750i and V900. both the bluetooths work perfectly, with perfect exporting/importing of contact databases. The Bluetooth works so far outside the car...once linked..20-30feet distance!!!

Nokia has more limited bluetoth functions.

Bluetooth ultimately is blue tooth, but sometimes they dont get past teh passkey system - eg. the Sharp GX30 which i also had

Hi, just collected my IS250 SE MM Bluetooth works fine with my Nokia 6230, whether phone is in pocket or on passenger seat. I have not tried to enter my phone book details yet but believe it is relatively easy to do although you have to do it one by one. I don't think the whole address book can be downloaded at once.

I have successfully linked a XDAIIS and a Siemens S55. The connection through the XDA was perfect, answered automatically and the sound was superb. Although linked, I haven't had cause to use the S55 yet but would presume the same performance. The download of outlook contacts from the PDA was successful except that if you have more than two phone numbers for a contact, the Lexus will duplicate/triplicate the contact name to suck in all the numbers. I assume that this would not be a problem from a sim which (I think) only holds a max of two numbers anyway. I linked the 20 most used numbers to the speed-dial as these are the only numbers you can dial on the move.

The good news for recent sony erricsons handsets is, you can download the WHOLE phonebook under advanced, export function

Koshime, you've already mentioned that you have a SE K750i mobile phone. Is there a cradle available that you can plug the phone into which then also charges the phones Battery?

I have a K750i phone and am waiting delivery of my Lexus IS250 SE-L with the ML audio and sat nav etc. I would visit my nearest Lexus dealer, but they are a very long way away.

Oldun. :driving:

The good news for recent sony erricsons handsets is, you can download the WHOLE phonebook under advanced, export function

Koshime, you've already mentioned that you have a SE K750i mobile phone. Is there a cradle available that you can plug the phone into which then also charges the phones Battery?

I have a K750i phone and am waiting delivery of my Lexus IS250 SE-L with the ML audio and sat nav etc. I would visit my nearest Lexus dealer, but they are a very long way away.

Oldun. :driving:

I asked my dealer when I ordered my IS220d with MM - he quoted £495 ( :sick: ) for a cradle and ariel...

What's the point...

As previously stated the Motorola V3 RAZR can only download the contacts one at a time and is a very long process. After each number has been transfered the phone re-connects to Bluetooth. You then have to go to the next contact in the phone and select send, after first going to the phone menu on the car vdu, selecting transfer numbers etc... takes about 4 steps to do each number.

Not as bad as trying to make a voice activated (TAG) call from a recorded tag. That is the worst part of my Lexus!! Quicker to stop, and release the pigeon from your boot.

Lexus dealer did attempt to download by swapping my SIM for his Erricson, but my SIM can't hold all my numbers so a copy was only partly effective. Good service tho' from Lexus of course.

there is anotehr cig lgther for use with the AUX, that you can use with your K750i. althoguh frankly..teh K750i doesnt run out of battery. keeps goign on and on and on....

Thanks Koshme, my reason for asking is that I rarely use the mobile phone and wanted to keep it in the car mainly in case of an emergency. Knowing it was always fully charged and ready for use was my goal.

Keep us up to date on your impressions of you IS250, they are very informative.

Oldun :P

• 6 months later...

I have a Nokia 6021 and it works a treat (other than it took forever to download all the phonebook, one at a time). I am looking at getting a new phone (may moto slvr or the upcoming new ultraslim samsung x820) but aren't rushing as the Nokia is working so well

As I previously mentioned I know very little about this new fangled modern communications equipment. Also I am on pre pay which limits the amount of choice I have. So I bought a Sony Erricson Z520 for €160 including €70 calls and it has worked perfectly for me in the car and is almost idiot (me) proof.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links