Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is It Possible?

Full of questions recently!

I am shortly (very shortly) going to be purchasing an Aux-In from Dave (Prolex) to use with my MP3 player. I want to keep the Ipod in the cup holder / storage compartment beside the handbrake. That way I can flip up the lid and choose any tunes accordingly.

In the install i'd like to hardwire a power cable somewhere, maybe the cigarette lighter source (or other) but I want it all hid away. So was wondering if it is possible to drill a hole (big enough to fit the scokets through) through the back of the storage box, and run the wire under the console and in to their connections for the HU and Power. Obviously finishing the hole back off with a nice gromet to make it look tidy.

Great place to store the Ipod but is there enough room in the console for the cables especially around my Auto Box - drilling may be a problem too - ie the angle of entry!

Any ideas appreciated.

Many thanks

there will be room for the wires, best option would be to remove the console ( doesnt take long) and then you can clip the cables along the length of the console and then also find the best position /place to drill the hole for the cables.

Full of questions recently!

I am shortly (very shortly) going to be purchasing an Aux-In from Dave (Prolex) to use with my MP3 player.  I want to keep the Ipod in the cup holder / storage compartment beside the handbrake.  That way I can flip up the lid and choose any tunes accordingly.

In the install i'd like to hardwire a power cable somewhere, maybe the cigarette lighter source (or other) but I want it all hid away.  So was wondering if it is possible to drill a hole (big enough to fit the scokets through) through the back of the storage box, and run the wire under the console and in to their connections for the HU and Power.  Obviously finishing the hole back off with a nice gromet to make it look tidy.

Great place to store the Ipod but is there enough room in the console for the cables especially around my Auto Box - drilling may be a problem too - ie the angle of entry!

Any ideas appreciated.

how much does this lil unit cost i cant find it on their website, i really want it for my ipod.

Many thanks

I think they were £93 if I remember rightly.

I think there should be enough space under the console for a couple of wires. I'm looking to do something similar, but want to mount the docking station for my iRiver into the ash tray. That way I can flip the lid, stick it on the stand and away we go.

How would you go about wiring in a second cig lighter socket underneath the center console? Just take the feeds from the first one? Would I need any diodes or anything? Sorry, I don't know much about this electrical stuff!

I just hope Dave has enough aux in units in stock at the moment because I haven't seen Geoffers on the forums recently which generally means he is not well. Hope he's ok!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links