Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is430 Article

I bet the IS430 has an auto tranny because of emissions!

Like here in the UK the IS300 will only ever be an automatic because the manual does not meet the emission tests.

Not sure about the above comment, in my experience it's much harder to achieve the required emissions with an auto trans than manual because of the increased friction when starting from cold. Increased fuel means higher CO and Nox.  Anyway the most critical component are the catalyst substrates and the amount of precious metal that's used and the formulation of the coating.

Not sure about the above comment, in my experience it's much harder to achieve the required emissions with auto than manual because of the increased friction when starting from cold. Increased fuel means higher CO and Nox. Anyway the most critical component are the catalyst substrates and the amount of precious metal that's used and the formulation of the coating.

the reason this car by TTE is only fitted with a Auto is:

when TTE were asked to build one of the development is430,they were told that they would be getting a new,un chassis coded LS430,the previso was that once everything they needed from the LS430 was obtained for the conversion TTE had to crush the remaining parts of the car and send it back to japan....this was done in its entirety

I bet the IS430 has an auto tranny because of emissions!

Like here in the UK the IS300 will only ever be an automatic because the manual does not meet the emission tests.

Not sure about the above comment, in my experience it's much harder to achieve the required emissions with an auto trans than manual because of the increased friction when starting from cold. Increased fuel means higher CO and Nox.  Anyway the most critical component are the catalyst substrates and the amount of precious metal that's used and the formulation of the coating.

Not sure about the above comment, in my experience it's much harder to achieve the required emissions with auto than manual because of the increased friction when starting from cold. Increased fuel means higher CO and Nox. Anyway the most critical component are the catalyst substrates and the amount of precious metal that's used and the formulation of the coating.

But why does the manual IS300 not meet the UK emmision regs?

Administrator, How do you know the IS300 does not meet emissions Lexus don't make one for the UK Market and I think I'm right in saying you can't buy either in main land Europe or the USA. I think you'll find, the reason why there is not Manual Version of the IS300 is due to Marketing, nothing to do with Emissions. You would be shocked at some of the decsions Motor Manufactures make based Marketing advice. Also BIM that the IS300 is marketed as relaxing curiser not sports missile.

it would.....i didnt buy the reason we were told steve!

you should have said mat! Now i have to answer the the question why I thought it was becasue of Emissions.

Risky, You could be correct in what you are saying... I do not own an IS300 or 200 ... I was going on by what i was told by the Director of Lexus when i met him.

I went by what he told me... Obviously it was a fib... You tend to hold facts and when told in person eye to eye i beleived it.

I am not a car wiz... I work with this site and thats what makes it run so popular... so I apologise if I am incorrect

Mat kept it that info to himself and left me rather :blush:

i'll get my coat! :crybaby:

Administrator, How do you know the IS300 does not meet emissions Lexus don't make one for the UK Market and I think I'm right in saying you can't buy either in main land Europe or the USA. I think you'll find, the reason why there is not Manual Version of the IS300 is due to Marketing, nothing to do with Emissions.

Sorry Risky - are you saying that Lexus don't make an IS300 for the UK market?

If that's the case then what the hell have I paid out nearly £30k for :withstupid:

On the IS300 manual emissions issue, they sell them (the manual version) in California and they're more strict on emissions than Brussels aren't they ?

BTW agreed on the wheels djanderso, but at least they're not max volume gold like a scooby !!!! I noticed that my Lexus dealer had a very nice set (optional ?) of 19" alloys on an IS300 last week.

On the IS300 manual emissions issue, they sell them (the manual version) in California and they're more strict on emissions than Brussels aren't they ?

BTW agreed on the wheels djanderso, but at least they're not max volume gold like a scooby !!!! I noticed that my Lexus dealer had a very nice set (optional ?) of 19" alloys on an IS300 last week.

Nice!

Although sometimes I think there needs to be a balance. I've seen some silly combinations of wheel size and car over the years - most notably a Rover 216 (1990 version) with 17" wheels - I nearly laughed out loud!!

I think the IS with 17/18" has the balance.

Administrator, How do you know the IS300 does not meet emissions Lexus don't make one for the UK Market and I think I'm right in saying you can't buy either in main land Europe or the USA. I think you'll find, the reason why there is not Manual Version of the IS300 is due to Marketing, nothing to do with Emissions.

Sorry Risky - are you saying that Lexus don't make an IS300 for the UK market?

If that's the case then what the hell have I paid out nearly £30k for :withstupid:

To put the record straight, I was only referring to the manual version, not sure why your confused as I was answering an emmison thread that refered to the IS300 not having the option of Manual Transmission

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

Administrator

No worries, I don't own either IS200 or IS300 at the moment, It's just I work in Engine/Powertrain development for sometime now

Best Regards

Risky

:D :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links