Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Small Claims Court?

Fidgits

the first car i bought (a beige metro!!! :sick: ) when i was 17 turned out to be a death trap with a fake mot and the engine wasn't actually mounted, it had fantastic bodywork though! :lol: anyway the brakes failed and i ended up having a very lucky escape.

i wrote to the guy i bought it off asking for my money back and sent it recorded delivery - no response so i went to the small claims court and won my money back plus more.

depends on the situation ian. my case was pretty clear as he had advertised the car as an 'ideal first car' - this was deemed to be a gaurantee by the court. at the time i think the court costs were about £25 for admin. i went to a free legal half hour and was assisted in the way i worded my form. all very simple and when you get there it's just like a small informal chat around a table - no ally mcbeal stuff!

if you have a good case then do it, its all very simple and hassle free - well it was 10 years ago.

If your case is strong the other party normally don't turn up and case awarded to you. Only question to ask is are they worth sueing? If not then you are wasting your time i.i have they the money to pay you or are they going to offer a £1 a week .....

It's no problem, just make sure you have all your facts ready when you present your case.

It's informal, but like any other case you must have your 'evidence' presented clearly. :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links