Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys...

Just thought I would kick off by saying... "Great Forum!!"

OK, down to business...

My old car has just been written off so now I need a new one. I have fancied a LS for quite some time now and have in fact seen a rather nice looker for sale near me... MK4 just under £8k. However, I am only going to need the car for around a year as I am emmigrating nexy year. My questions to you experts are:

1. How easy is it to sell a LS400

2. Once they depreciate to this level, do they hold their value or can I expect further depreciation. I am trying to work out the cost of ownership for the year that I would have it.

I appreciate any help / comments that you may have.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Hi guys...

OK, down to business...

My old car has just been written off so now I need a new one. I have fancied a LS for quite some time now and have in fact seen a rather nice looker for sale near me... MK4 just under £8k. However, I am only going to need the car for around a year as I am emmigrating nexy year. My questions to you experts are:

2. Once they depreciate to this level, do they hold their value or can I expect further depreciation. I am trying to work out the cost of ownership for the year that I would have it.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

How long is a piece of string?

Depends on year/mileage. Condition is USUALLY fine with Lexus Service History.

I reckon you'd lose £2K in a year though. My Ser 3 has lost @ £4 in 2 years (and is for sale...hint, hint!....with only 65K miles on it at £6K. But at least there's less to lose at £6K!

Good choice though. Once you've had one (unless you're a 'follower of fashion') you'll never want anything else!

(get in touch if you ARE interested! Can give you full spec!)cskelton@madasafish.com

Any luxury car will depreciate much more than mainstream models. Petrol prices are unlikely to come down in the next year too. Despite Lexus being reliable, a 4 litre V8 is enough to put most punters off the purchase.

I agree with Chris, you are likely to lose out on 2k in depreciation. Add in £1,000 for possible repair bills.

Unless you have money to burn, I suggest you get something like a Mini Cooper, Golf or 3 series which is likely to depreciate far more slowly.

Hi guys...

OK, down to business...

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Welcome to the Forum.

If you fancy buying a LS then Go for it!! Just make sure the cars really up together and if your looking at selling it after a year keep it up together.From what ive seen when people were coming looking at buying my old car,there expecting a almost A1 condition car.My car was nearly 15 years old but they still expected it to be spotless :blink: and i only wanted a couple of grand for mine :D

The mk4 would be the model id go for if i was buying another one a hell of alot of car for the money :driving:

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links