Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tire Lifespan

Dango

I bought my SC430 back in March and after $17,000 miles, my tires are wearing funny and are extremely noisy.

I took the car in to the dealer who told me they made a mistake at my last visit and didn't balance the tires properly or check the alignment. They refused to balance the tires now until after I buy a new set of tires. They want $390 a tire, yet online tires are running for about $240-260 a tire.

Has anyone had any problems with the tires from the Lexus Dealer not lasting? What is the normal wear for Run-Flat tires? I've got Bridgestone Potenza RE730 Run-Flats and they are extremely noisy. Has anyone had problems with tires? Where's the best place to go for new tire replacements? :blink:

A characteristic of run flat tyres is that they tend to wear their edges quicker than a normal tyre as there is less "give" as you corner. Driven hard they can last circa 10'000mls so if the tracking was out it would make the problem worse.

• 1 year later...

After 20K low impact miles, an attandent at a parking garage noticed that all four flat run tires on my 2002 SC430 were showing a metal band on the interior edge of the tread of each tire. I would never have noticed this as it was only on the inside tread and was only viewable when the front wheels were turned hard. I immediately took the car to the Lexus dealer where I was told it was an alignment problem. I basically had to pop for 4 new tires and the dealer comp'd me on the alignment. I must say that I drive this car like a baby and I can only assume that the mis-alignment must have been a factory issue because I did nothing to cause all four wheels to go out of whack. I'm curious is anyone else has had a similar experience. Other than this, it's been a great car and I love it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links