Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Partridge Row...

dazzab69

True, we can send snotty E-Mails, but he can respond on TV/National Press and Magazines, which given his peculiar popularity would be heard by millions. Better methinks to let him move onto his next victim!!!

Like someone's already said, surely one of the reasons we buy Lexus is that we more concerned with what we have that with what other people think of what we have - otherwise we'd all have 3-series BMWs and think they're the greatest cars in the world like all the other sheep.

Rise above it and be happy with what you've got - you car hasn't changed just because someone else has critiscised it.

Lets not get too sensitive on these matters . The Lexus car will speak for itself and anyone who gets behind the wheel will find this out.

I belong to the generation where to think of the term 'cool' one thinks of Chet Baker, Gerry Mulligan and Miles Davis. Now they were COOL !

I belong to the generation where to think of the term 'cool' one thinks of Chet Baker, Gerry Mulligan and Miles Davis. Now they were COOL !

jack Kerouac and all the beatniks were cool too man.

I have argued over on the 4car forum that none of the exec car makers are "cool", or even intend to be "cool". "Cool" as defined by someone on 4car was the car that made it onto kids walls on posters.

To my mind there are only a few cars and manufacturers that can acheive that (Porsche, Ferrari, Paganini etc) and I'm sure the kids with big wads of bluetack were not the target customer group that Lexus had in mind.

The IS200 is primarily a marketing tool for Lexus in the same why the X-type Jag is for Jaguar. They want to introduce you to the marque in a reasonably priced package and then hang on to you as a customer as your needs and wallet width change.

If truth be told no car is really "cool" unless you build it yourself because there will always be someone else (potentially Mr Partridge) with the same car as you.

To Clair G Quote 'Simply the best.' Yes that brings back memories. Besides listening to 'cool jazz' I love Tina Turner!

Either sounds great on the Lexus Audio system.

:D Yep, most things sound great on the stereo...just my singing along makes it sound dodgy :D

At the risk of throwing fuel on a raging inferno...

Lexus GB supplied the car to the Allen Partridge Show. Anyone who knows where they are based would be able to tell that from the Reg plate alone.

If they think it is a good idea, who are we to judge?

Loz

I bought a Lexus (on my third one) cause I liked it.

There was no hidden agenda

No my car is better than yours

No my car is faster than yours

No my car is more expensive than yours

If people want to pass comments about how their BMW or whatever car is better, let them they are obviously the ones who have a need to put everything into a pecking order.

Often to satisfy their own agenda's

Rise above it

It's then fun to watch the anticks of the majority :D

I like my GS and that is all there is to it. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links