Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Just Blew My House Up....

Tony-Bones

How weired is this....

As per usual i have a Christmas disaster....fate missed this year by a week or so, but behind schedule whilst I'm suffering 'open wallet surgery' my Fridge Freezer dies... :crybaby:

The Fridge is at the end of a utility hall connected via an electrical extension lead and a junction box.... so since she's dead and to make things easier for me i just cut the electrical wire at the junction and everything blew....

FM.......i thought 'the power' must still be on :o i could have been killed!

So with a :o i checked and the power was 'off' :unsure:

The fuse box tripped the whole house..... how weired is that?

I tested for power at the junction (nothing there)

The fridge has been off for two days so there cannot be any residual charge....

Any ideas...... because today i have to wire in the new one :crybaby: and i quite like my hands on the end of my arms... I'm not over keen on loosing them.

If you got anything connected and switched on to the same circuit there is current on the neutral completing the circuit to the board.

Short the neutral to ground and viola the RCD trips.

If you got anything connected and switched on to the same circuit there is current on the neutral completing the circuit to the board.

Short the neutral to ground and viola the RCD trips.

Ahha..... wise words..... i just tested the current on my tongue (old school method) and theirs nothing there... new fridge has arrived on time :o .... so i cut the wires done the plumbing and all seems well :D

I cannot smell any burning so far?

On a Serious note my understanding of electrics and the previous total trip baffled me. i was very worried and knew something was wrong!

I feel very much at rest now knowing it was the earth that tripped the fuse box.....your 'stars'

Thanks Team........ 'cat's in' :D

Souns scary Tony! At least your okay! :D

it sounds as if your as bad I am! :blush:

Mate i hope you are better than me!..... Monday Wife said the fridge is on constant defrost... i said 'Yeah' it must be cold and wants to warm up...... '****'...... :hehe:

Scary thing is Tues morning there was a distinctive smell of hot wires/electrics in the house.... seemingly it could have set on fire.

Seriously Scary... i have one smoke alarm in the house that works...... up-stairs.... on a fire scale that's to late

'Ahmet' is going to slap me for this.....

......Simple thing....... fridge could have killed us all.... food for thought!

tony

did you notice the cat

sitting next to your fusebox

with a pair of pliers in his paws

laughing !!!!

It was noted last night that Tigger offered a 'tail flick' with an accompanying 'Brown eye wink'...

Twas unusual since his arse normally is embossed with the Dr Martin logo...

Nine out of ten cats prefer it :D

This morning when he came in he had an expression on his saying............ what's this new fridgey box about :shifty:

So an immediate need to sit in the new fridge overwhelmed him.

Tempted.......very tempted i was going to give him the full tour... including the freezer

Sadly Tigger has become a sort of Mascot here........ and subsequently untouchable.

Proof of existence on a weekly basis has been demanded by Ahmet.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links