Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New Car

BigLT

I've posted a few pics on the gallery. Sorry its a bit dirty. It looks much lower in real life.

I'll take some more in a place more picturesque than Tesco car park soon!!

Does anyone know who made the exhaust? I can't see a maker's mark easily - it is a full cat back system, not just back boxes.

Liam

post-11717-1138460000.jpg

That looks mice mate :D

Thanks. It is almost perfect and seems V quick - just a small mark on a rear seat and a little wear on the gearknob. Only bit of rust is on the nut for the bracket for the induction kit!!!

Liam

I've posted a few pics on the gallery. Sorry its a bit dirty. It looks much lower in real life.

Does anyone know who made the exhaust? I can't see a maker's mark easily - it is a full cat back system, not just back boxes.

Liam

looks nice mate,are wheels genuine toyota?

Liam

looks nice mate,are wheels genuine toyota?

No they are aftermarket proper 3 piece 17" (look bigger) with deep polished alloy rims. Very good quality and really suit the car- marked 'Zauber' I think, I'll check if you want, although I expect they were very expensive new - 255s at the back and 235s at the front.

Liam

That's one nice motor. The exhausts look very aggressive and funnily enough spotted wheels similar to those on an american site today. By far the best wheels I've seen on the Aristo so far....and look quite easy to clean too! :P

Monster - When I first saw the exhausts my initial thought was 'those are going to have to go', but they sound glorious and I must admit that their looks really grow on you. The induction and BOV noise is also really addictive; I have to stop myself from blipping the throttle all the time. I fitted a decent head unit and I hardly turn it on!

JockSuper7 - I'm in Winchester, so just down the road form you.

Scarface - Looking at the pics I know what you mean. They don't look quite so merc-like in the flesh. I think its cause of the deeper polished rim and the proportions in the middle are different... I'm not sure they would look so good if the car wasn't so low though.

Dude thats V nice. Have you just had that imported? I ask because I saw what I think is the same motor come up when I was looking for mine. Those rims are very distinctive and I'm sure those wheels were on that car. Spec is very similar as well.

Those wheels are very merc like. I saw a set of those on a supra and wanted them for mine but could never find any anywhere that weren't cheap tacky looky likes. Smart expensive lookig wheels that are so much easier to clean than the multi spoked affairs I have, also you don't have to worry about how the dodgy way too small lookin brakes look :)

RE the exhaust at least you have back boxs :) Mine is just 2 way straight through pipes that split into four way exits. Its probably a bespoke piece of kit as I reckon mine is.

The BOV noise is something you'll get used to and grow out of

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heh heh :D

It is a fresh import.

*cue long, boring story - A guy in the trade bought it for himself via a contact in Japan, but by the time it arrived he realised he needed a bigger boot and one that wasn't lowered as he lives in the country. I had a stagea RSfourV (sort of a 4wd, rb25T skyline estate) which is pretty rare over here and he contacted me and made me 'an offer I couldn't refuse'. I was really after a R32 GTR but it drives so well and is so clean I decided to do the deal and enjoy it for a while. The insurance is amazingly about £300 cheaper than a Stagea or a GTR too.

In short, I am still kind of on the lookout for a good GTR, but I am in less of a rush than I was!!!!

I've never seen tailpipes/backboxes made like this before - you are probably right and its a custom system. I shouldn't like the 'Flash Gordon Spaceship' look of them..... but I do. Yours must be LOUD???

Liam

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm trying to fight the urge to get another skyline - gtrs are SO cheap right now.

I thought it would be an easy process. To be honest, I took the car initially because it is in such good nick that I thought it would be easier to sell than the stagea when I found the right gtr - I really didn't expect to fall for a 4 door saloon!!! That top end rush and the accompanying whoosh and roar is so addictive, especially when seated in a comfy electric leather armchair.

I get the feeling I might have the aristo for a while longer than I first thought.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links